Van Gogh's Last Painting

The Doctor runs to catch up to Anne-Marie and catches her arm. Anne-Marie looks at him quizzically. He looks rather serious. Anne-Marie thinks to herself. "What's wrong?" She asks as the Doctor let's go of her arm. She turns to face him fully and the Doctor runs a hand through his hair nervously.

"You have to go home. You have to go back." He says firmly. Anne-Marie shakes her head.

"No I'm not leaving." She says crossly. There is no way the Doctor is going to talk her out of this.

"Just hear me out." the Doctor tells Anne-Marie. With a sigh and an exaggerated roll of her eyes. Anne-Marie shifts her weight to one foot and crosses her arm waiting. The Doctor motions for the nurse that they will be right with her and she ducks into a doorway. "I'll take you back okay? To visit him. I promise i won't leave you behind when the action starts." the Doctor says trying to sound sincere.

"Oh no. I'm not falling for that again." Anne-Marie says waving him away.

"Again?" the Doctor echos confused.

"Yeah. Again." Anne-Marie pauses.

"How old are you? I mean.. How long have you known me?" Anne-Marie asks trying to recall if he has told her or not.

"Welll..." the Doctor said drawing out the 'l'. "We've met five times including this one." the Doctor said pointing at the ground.

"What! Are you kidding me?" Anne-Marie says throwing down her arms in surprise.

"You say that every time." the Doctor says with a smile.

"Well yeah because i hate. HATE. When you come out of order. Stop popping up in the wrong time line." Anne-Marie says punching his arm.

"Oww!" the Doctor whines pouting. "It's not my fault. You even told me the day i met you that i would come out of order. You said so." the Doctor said pointing at her. Anne-Marie looked at him confused.

"What are you talking about. The first time we met you pretended to be the pizza man." Anne-Marie said with a slightly laugh.

"No no. that was the first time you met me but not the first time i met you." Anne-Marie cocked her head and raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously?" she asked. The Doctor nodded. "Oh wow. how old was I?" Anne-Marie asked.

"Well..." the Doctor said again making Ann-Marie roll his eyes. "Older than you are now." the Doctor replied being rather vague.

"Well I'm not going back. I don't trust you." Anne-Marie said with a flip of her hair as she turned around.

"You don't trust me?" the Doctor asked with a surprised laugh a smile on his face.

"First rule: Never trust the Doctor." the Doctor smiled.

"A friend used to tell me the same thing." the Doctor said.

"I know. I was there when she said." Anne-Marie said with a wink looking back at him. The Doctor's jaw dropped.

"What..?" the Doctor sputtered.

"Come on." Anne-Marie said smiling quietly to herself. She stepped into Van Gogh's room. He was trashing around in his bed and causing quite a commotion. He was screaming incoherently. Anne-Marie rushed to his side. The Doctors and Nurses were trying to pin him down and jab a needle into his skin. "Stop it! Stop!" Anne-Marie shouted pushing through them. Van Gogh stopped squirming when he saw her.

"Oh! Hello Anne-Marie." the Doctor's went still as Van Gogh relaxed his limbs. They slowly released him and Van Gogh swung his feet over the bed and placed his hands on his knees smiling up at Anne-Marie. "What are we all doing here? Having a party?" Van Gogh asked brightly. "Love parties! Well i've never had one.. Or been invited to one.. But i bet they're fun! I bet you i'd love them!" Van Gogh said happily.