Chapter 28

As promised here it is... Chapter 28.

This one probably won't be very long ..

- Beth

Lena's POV

I must have passed out from the pain because when I opened my eyes again I found I was in the infirmary. The pain radiating my body left me motionless. I wanted nothing more than to fall back into the oblivion of unconsciousness.

I was laying on my stomach, which I guess was supposed to make it hurt less but truth be told it did nothing. Trying not to think about anything failed. This was my fault.

I should have known I wouldn't get away. I just couldn't stop myself, and now look at where I am.

Thinking back in the tortured look in Damon's eyes before he swung that cursed whip and ripped my back open possibly hurt more than the actual whipping.

I put him through that, I don't know how much of what he did today was real or a part of his mask.

My muscles were beginning to cramp so hating everything I flipped as fast as I could on my back. When my bandage covered back hit the still hard infirmary bed, I couldn't help the scream that escaped me.

Waking the sleeping form on the bed next to mine. I hadn't realized that there was anyone else here.

Whoever it was groaned and sat up, to say I was shocked by who was beside me was a big understatement.

"Why are you here?" I whispered.

He smiled sheepishly. "I wanted to be here when you woke up."

Damon stood slowly before walking to my side. He lifted his hand almost as if he was afraid to, and with a feather like touch caressed my cheek. I couldn't move away from him even if I wanted to. So instead I just melted into his warm touch.

"I am so sorry, my sweet Lena. I never imagined he would make me do it, or so many." His voice was strained with obvious regret and anger.

I slowly reach out my hand without thinking, wanting nothing more than to reassure him, but as soon as I do the muscles in my back pull and a shot of ripping pain rushes through me.

Groaning I drop my head and hand back to the bed, saying quietly "It wasn't your fault, Damon.

"Bullshit!" He said with even more anger, but I knew it wasn't directed at me.

"I'm the one who tried to run away, I'm alive because of you."

"You're hurt because of me!"

"No." I said taking his hand in mine. "I'm hurt because of me and the horrible heart of your father."

"But-" He began.

"No buts, it wasn't your fault."

He sighed and I know deep down he probably still blamed himself but I just can't. As twisted as it all was, in his own way he once again saved my life.

"How long have I been in here?"

"Two days, my father only allowed one night, but he luckily was called to a meeting in Germany. Leaving me in charge. I ordered no one to touch you but the nurses." He laughed softly like he was embarrassed.

Which caused me to smile and then flirt, "Damon Hoess is embarrassed, how adorable."

He smirked down at me and said, "I am not adorable. I'm a manly man."

I giggled slightly before reality set in. "Won't he find out?"

He sighed again. "Yes. He will. And I'll deal with that when he gets back."

He kneels down so he's face to face with me and asks, "Why did you try and run? You couldn't have actually believed that you would have made it."

It was my turn to sigh now. "I didn't, I just couldn't make myself stop. I saw your dad this morning, and I felt I don't know, helpless. So when I got outside and didn't see anybody watching... I just moved."

"No, Lena. There is always someone watching. Let's make a promise to each other right now. You promise me you won't ever try that again and that you'll be on your best behavior, and I promise you I will find us a way out of here, together."

I stare at him for a long time before finally saying. "Do you really mean that?"

Damon gently squeezes my hand. "Yes. I promise you. If it's the last thing I do I will get you out of here."

"Then I promise, too."

With that we spend the rest of the night talk about anything and everything. I love it. I feel happy, even with the unbearable pain in my back, I'm happy.

The last thing I remember before drifting back to sleep is Damon softly pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Sleep well, my love."

----------

I like this chapter :)

Vote, Comment and follow if you like me 😁😁😁👏👏👏👌👌👌

Bye
       Beth 😘