Chapter Nine

Hey guys! Today the Hunger Games come out! I give the idea of the Hunger Games to Suzanne Collins. I have put something quite similar and a little different to the Hunger Games in here to add some flavor to the story. Read, vote, and comment. Thanks!

~Anna

________________________________________________________________

It was just another day in the cave. I woke up and followed my normal routine of eating, playing with Destiny, feeding her, and sleeping. However, today was going to be a different day, one that would change my life forever. Pheonix and I woke up and while he made breakfast, I fed Destiny as usual. We ate breakfast and Pheonix continued building our home while I played with Destiny. At this point, she was just a few weeks old, but very active. She would squirm around, smile, and give you goofy looks. A few hours later, Pheonix prepared lunch. He woke me up from my nap and we ate. He then went back out to cutting wood. Less than an hour after he finished lunch and went to cut wood, he came running in.

P: Grab your stuff. We have to leave now!

E: Pheonix, what's going on?

P:They're coming to get us. Grab you stuff and let's go!

We grabbed what we could carry and ran like there was no tomorrow. This time, I didn't forget Mr. Snuffles for Destiny. It helped her sleep and it was the last thing I had left of my father.

E: Who exactely is coming?

P: The police. I hid and heard them talking. They said that there have been outbreaks of people revolting against the operation.

E: Why now?

P: After the towns heard of our escape, they had a reason to rebel, I guess.

E: So we're the center of it, and the police are out to catch us?

P: Basically.

We kept running but I tired out quickly. Pheonix carried me at points and ran at the same time. I don't know how he did it. Suddenly, as I was running, I felt myself fall forward. Pheonix scooped me up and kept running, but it was too late. The police were on our trail and we were tiring quickly. They finally caught up and surronded us, with guns, arrows, tazors, dogs, and everything.

This is the end, I thought.

I  looked into Destiny's eyes to see if there were any emotions. Despite the situation, she didn't looked scared at all. It was as if she knew this was coming. They grabbed a hold of us and dragged us back to their helicopters. Pheonix, Destiny, and I were shoved towards the back, crammed together. After seven hours of flying, I looked out the window and saw my hometown. I didn't know how to feel. Should I feel scared, relieved, happy even? Inside, I felt scared out of my mind. On the outside, I tried to act brave and unafraid. It was so hard! I didn't know what was going to happen to us. Were we going to be jailed? Fined? Executed? How were we going to be punished? I didn't know whether to say, "I give up," or "Come at me, I'm not afraid." We landed and were quickly escorted to a jail cell deep underground. We were shoved in there like cattle and just left there without anything. A couple hours later, President Millard McKinely walked over to our cell

Pres: Hello troublemakers. I see you managed to have a kid in the time you were gone. How did that happen?

I just wanted to slap his god damn face so hard he fell over. The god damn bastard. I wanted to tell him to go f**k himself. Instead, we just glared at him. We weren't going to give him the power to change our words.

Pres: Aren't you going to talk?

We still sat in silence.

Pres: Fine. Have it your way. I might as well tell you that not just you are being punished, but all of the towns, except your mother, Echo. She's one of us, now. Every year, we will hold the Dyanmo Emprise. Twenty contestants will picked, ranging from the ages ten to fifteen. Four contestants will be picked from each town at random and entered. They will be put an enclosure and have to survive on whatever they can find. No supplies will be given and the emprise will end when there are only two contestants left. The more people you kill, the faster you get out. If you are lucky enough to win, you will live in luxury for your whole life.