Chapter Ten

Hey! I'm going to try to make this chapter a longer one so it may take me a while. There's a big jump into the future in this chapter but I hope you enjoy it. I put a picture of Destiny in the chapter also. Read, vote, and comment! Thanks!

~Anna

________________________________________________________________

(Destiny's POV)

*15 Years Later*

I woke up to my alarm clock beeping at me. For most people, it was just another day. But for me, it was a day to always remember. Fifteen years ago, today, my parents were executed on live tv. Today I get to see it for the first time. I also get to see what my parents looked like. After my parents were executed, a huge rebellion, bigger than previous ones started. The government quickly abolished it and as a punishment, the Dynamo Emprise began. By the way, is it any coincidence that today is also the day that we contestants for the Dynamo Emprise are chosen?

I stopped thinking about what was going to happen today and searched through my closet for my nicest clothes. My mom's friend, Williw, who was my second mom, did the best she could for me. After the rebellion, many people became poorer and struggled. Willow was one of those people. She had to raise three of her own children plus me. I finally found my orange sundress with a matching bow for my hair. I combed my hair and put it in a braid. I then pulled on my tan sandals with a white flower on them.

(Another Script.... D is Destiny, W is Willow, R for Reeve, N for Neona, S for Shadow, and So for Sophie Hayshire)

W: Destiny! Reeve! Neona! Shadow!

R: What!

D: I'm coming!

S: I'm trying to sleep!

N: Go away!

W: Come downstairs if you want a nice, hearty breakfast!

D, N, R, and S: Coming!

We all bounded down the stairs to the smell of bacon. It was a rare thing around here. We all sat down, said a special prayer for none of us to get chosen for the Dynamo Emprise, and ate like pigs. I made sure to wear a napkin in my lap and around my neck so that I wouldn't ruin my dress. For the most part, we ate in silence. Afterwards, I helped clean up and headed for the drawing with my "sisters". My "brothers" soon caught up. Boys were on the left side of the gathering space and the girls on the right. The announcer, as usual, was Sophie Hayshire

So: Welcome, everyone to the tenth drawing for the Dynamo Emprise. Boys first. Aysen Molcroft and Ledale Grainford. Aysen and Ledale, please come to the stage.

Next were the girls. My hands started sweating like crazy. I was so scared. The worst nightmare that could come true would be having my name pulled from the bowl.

So: Now the ladies. Our contestants are Trinsa Firedon and Destiny Hilton.

My jaw dropped in shock and tears were forming in my eyes as I walked towards the stage. I wiped them away as I walked up the steps. I could see my siblings crying and soon retreating towards home to tell their mom how I was picked. As Sophie gave a speech of thanks, I realized something very important. Today was the fifteen year anniversary of my parent's death and the Dynamo Emprise. Did that mean that I was automatically picked? The government did know that I was Echo and Phoenix Hilton's daughter, but what were the odds that I would be picked. While Sophie's back was turned, I went over to the glass jar and picked out names. They were all mine and the girl who was the other female contestant from town two. I then ran full force at Sophie, knocking her over, due to the surprise. I grabbed the microphone. I then decided to tell all of town two about this corruption.