Chapter 12

I screamed as Shane grabbed me and Carl by the waist. Andrea rushed over to Amy and killed the walker that had bitten into her arm. Shane ran so fast everything was a big blurr. Finally he put us down next to Carol and Sophia by a tree. He rushed away and killed a walker that was about to get Lori. I hugged Carl tightly and he cried. I just wanted my dad right now.

More and more walkers came from the sound of the gun Shane had. Many people that I hardly even knew had died. I heard ruffling in the woods and I turned to see Rick and dad fallowed by the others rushing to help. No uncle Merhle. I let go of Carl and rushed to dad as Carl did with Rick. We hugged them and they let go, helping the group with the last of the walkers.

Lori hugged Carl and I tightly as dad killed the last walker. She started to cry in our shoulder and we cried with her. I let go and rushed over to dad. He dropped his crossbow on the ground and hugged me tightly. We fell to the ground and I cried. He doesn't cry. I've never once seen him cry.

Glenn dragged Ed's dead body out from the tent. I almost threw up from all the blood that was everywhere. Dad let go and helped with the bodies. It was very sickening looking at them dead.