Chapter 17

I don't know how long I was asleep, I only know that dad woke me up by angrily packing his things. "Get up! Now! We need to leave! Pack your thing! Hurry!" I quickly sat up, hearing a beeping sound.

"What's that noise?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"A bomb. Jenner decided he was going to blow the whole building, now get your ass movin!" He screamed. I nod and grab the book, my weapons, and some clothes and a pair of black combat boots. I made sure everything was in there, then ran after dad in the hallway. He had his crossbow slung over his shoulder as I carried our stuff.

Rick grabbed a chair and hit the bullet proof window. "Shit!" He screamed.

Carol said something, then handed Rick a grenade. He crouched down, pulled the clip, then screamed, "get down!"

I grab Carl by the arm and drag him back, flipping a table and ducking both our heads. I covered Sophia with my arm as an explosion went off. We stood up and I was still gripping Carl and Sophia. I let go and grab the bow that was slung across my torso. I killed some of the walkers and sprinted across the parking lot.

I jumped behind a pole across the street when the bomb went off. I scraped my knee, watching the blood run down my left leg. I ignored the pain and stood up.

Relief flushed over me when I saw everyone alive. Dad wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. I dug my face in his shirt. "Where now? We have no where else to go." I whisper, my voice muffled by the shirt. Dad rubbed the back of my head.

"Don't know." He says. "I honestly don't know."