Chapter 27

Dad carried me all the way back to the farm. I was blacked out, my head and arms dangled off the side.

A large BANG came from the farm as Dad dropped me and fell down to the ground himself. Blood was running through my stomach, sending my body cold and painful. I tried to scream, but no sound came out. Dad was shot. The bitch who shot him was gonna die.

Thankfully, Dad was only shot in the arm as he winced in pain. "What the hell!" Rick screamed, rushing to Dad's side. "You just shot Daryl!"

Carl was up and walking, fortunately. He picked me up and carried me to the house, and Rick and Shane carried my Dad. Carl set me on the bed gently as Beth and Maggie rushed in.

I coughed up blood from my mouth before asking, "where's my Dad?"

"Hershel's going to take care of him. Now, I need you to try your best not to cough, okay?" Said Beth. I nod as Maggie shut the door and Beth lifted my shirt halfway to examine the wound. "Holy mother of God, that's a lot of blood." She mumbled.

I cried out in pain as she put pressure on the wound with a towel. She clean it, stitched it, then wrapped it up. Maggie rushed downstairs in the middle of wrapping to get me a drink. Otherwise, she was holding me down as my body tensed from pain.

"Drink some more." Maggie handed me a glass of water and helped me sit up. Beth put some extra pillows behind me as I laid back down, handing the glass back to Maggie.

"How about you rest." Beth said as both girls left the room. It was silent now, so I closed my eyes and fell asleep.