Chapter 10: Beginnings

Each year, there is suppose to be a new beginning, but I am the only one standing here.. Waiting for that start.

It was spring now, and the flowers began to bloom for another year. Everyone in my school looked a little happier, but that goes more towards the seniors. Were they happy to finally graduate and become the adults of the future? I question how most of the students are always happy to graduate because they know that they will end up leaving their homes to live their own life.

Every day feels like a new year, but that could be my old age talking. Life goes so fast that humans might as well take advantage of it now while they are young. Do not rush into growing up because you can be young for so long. Don't kill yourself just for a job that you are not ready for yet. My only problem is to see that happen to someone, who has the potential of changing this world, but the next second they are gone.

Taking in a few deep breaths, I wandered into the school. Everything was normal in the morning, the students here were having their share of laughs and fun. For a sudden second, I could feel the iris in my eyes change then suddenly change back. "Huh?" I pressed my hand on my cheek underneath my eye. It was a surprise to feel that change in my mind, but I tried to ignore it.

I entered the courtyard and sat down onto a bench, waiting for the bell to ring for class. From what I observed, there was not many students out here and it was quiet for the most part.

"There you are!"

As I expected, I knew that this moment wouldn't last long at all. A long sigh came from my mouth as I looked up slightly. To my surprise, there was only one of them out of the three. It was Chase, the albino of the group. As he walked towards me, he took a seat next to me with a large grin. "I didn't think I would see you here after the break!"

"Why are you here?" I muttered as I made little eye contact.

"Well.. I wanted to talk, that's all. The other two are not here yet, so I might as well talk to the runner-up." He laughed, patting my back. I was a bit confused on what he meant by 'runner-up.' If he meant that I would be apart of his little group then I would clearly decline, and he would know that.

"Alright, if that's the case.. What are you here to talk about?"

"Easy! What do you think of Seth? I've noticed the way you look at him, plus the way you two just argue and are close to fight it out." Chase turned his whole body towards me, his expression showed that he was clearly interested in what I was about to say.

"I don't like him since he's just annoying. He isn't merciful to stop insulting me, so I give him the look I do and maybe I'll fight him." I crossed my arms, still trying to avoid as much eye contact as possible. "Why are you asking that? Can't you just ask something simple?"

"I just want to know besides Seth is the one that runs our group anyway, it would be nice to know what you think, kekekek.." He let out a strange chuckle, it almost made me disturbed to even talk to him. Chase moved a bit of his albino hair that covered the right side of his face, but I couldn't see what was underneath it. "But that doesn't mean I will tell him what you've said, I'm not that cruel."

"Only if you were telling the truth." I stood up from the bench and faced the albino male. "You can tell him this." I took a step closer, grabbing his chin to look into my golden orbs. "Leave me the hell alone." Dropping his chin, I turned away from Chase and walked back into the school building. From the silence that I have received, he must have been stunned or shocked.

My eyes closed for a second as I walked, staring at the humans that spoke. They had happiness in their expressions as they exchanged replies. "What makes them this happy?" I asked myself, my hands shoved into my pockets. "What makes a human happy?"