Stupid

Derek's POV

I watched as they left the parking lot of the school. Her best friend breaking so many laws now, going who knows where...

I only came here to see her, but then she smelled that I slept with Diané and now...

I am mateless... The most powerful wolf cheated on his extraordinary mate...

My heart broke in pieces... How could I be so stupid?

I looked around, everybody saw that, how she threw me across the lot, how her eyes were piercing blue and - and how she rejected me.

I climbed into my car and sped off, going straight home.

"Why are you back?" Mother asked and I looked at her.

"I got rejected by my mate." And with that, she embraced me in a massive hug.

"Oh, my poor boy. I am so sorry." She caressed my hair, but I shook my head.

"It was all my fault. I was so dumb!" I replied and placed myself on a nearby chair.

"Why?" She asked and I looked at her, the mother who taught me so well - she'll be disappointed.

"She is the white wolf," A gasp erupted through the quiet kitchen. 

I sighed and continued, " Her senses are way better than your normal wolf or even an Alpha... So she smelled that I slept with Diané." With that sentence, I got a swat against the head.

"Young man! What have you done with that little Derec who said he'll never cheat on his mate!" She yelled and so I waited till her rant died down before speaking again.

"I am sorry Mother." I stood up and looked at her.

"I'll be going for a run now...." I told her and with that ran outside.

*******

I stopped at the same lake where I first witnessed her.

We'll get our other mate. Ryder reassured me, but I just shook my head.

I heard a twig snap and saw a grey wolf appearing.

Brother, there you are! It was just my sister.

Hi sister. She trotted towards me.

Why are you here?

Just thinking, you?

Waiting for Henry.

Yeah, my third in command is mated to my sister for almost 2 years now.

Well then. I'll leave you two be. Will you please watch out for the pack for a while? I want to clear my head.

Yeah, why did she reject you?

I look at my sister

Mother told me.

Because I slept with Diané...

She growled at me and I let my head fall in shame.

I know. I am a jerk and a dick.

With that, I left for the cabin. I just needed some time...