Keeping an' eye

Cara POV

He stepped into the mansion, but the first thing that caught my eye was that the entrance was purely white, not black like the outside of the house.

"Where is your pack?" I asked as my eyes wandered over the magnificent white hallway entrance.

"In their homes." His tone was clipped, but being curious, I pushed it further.

"Where do they live?" I could feel he didn't love me asking these questions.

"Amongst the people." He replied as he placed me on the leather couch in front of a burning fireplace. He gave me a pair of sweatpants and a shirt that was two sizes too big for me. After looking at the two pieces of clothing I gave him the look and he turned around. 

At least we were the only ones in the room. I let the blanket fall to the ground and quickly pulled the shirt over my head. 

Ensuring I didn't injure my leg too much I slowly pull the sweatpants over my legs. I tied the sweatpants more than three times before I was satisfied that they wouldn't fall off if I needed to walk.

I turned to him, and luckily his face was still turned away from me, and he was respecting my privacy.

"But how are they not found by the U.W.C?" I looked at him and saw that his shoulders tensed up.

"That's none of your business." He was hiding something, but I hoped that he wasn't someone bad or working for the UWC. I didn't want a mate that was a criminal or working against his kind.

"Can I use your phone?" I asked, he turned around before I noticed that his eyes were scanning over my body in lust. I lifted my eyebrow at him, daring him to try something, but he sighed and gave me his cell phone.

I dialed my mother's phone and she immediately picked up.

This is Rachel Stewart. Who am I speaking to?

I took a breath.

Mom. It's Cara.

It was silent on the other side before I heard shuffling.

Cara?  She finally spoke

Yeah, it's me. I was shot by the U.W.C. and ended up in the Alpha's house...I explained.

Okay, do you know where it is? We'll come to pick you up.

Mother. It's in the mountains on the west side, but I don't know precisely where.

I could hear shuffling and keys started jingling.

"Tell your mother I'll bring you home." He spoke in my ear, almost giving me a heart attack.

Was he listening in on our conversation?

Mother. The Alpha will drop me off.

Are you sure?

Yeah. We're on our way.

Okay, be safe, please.

I will.

And with that, she hung up.

"Can I please go home?" I asked and he nodded before picking me up bridal style and taking me to a black SUV.

"Where to, Alpha?" The driver asked as we climbed onto the backseats.

"John Sanders Street, and be careful. The U.W.C is on the loose." He spoke calmly and the driver took off, following the Alpha's orders

********

After the Alpha dropped me off, he insisted that a few of his men needs to stay behind and protect us from the U.W.C until they stopped searching for me. I did not want to budge but he did not want to take no for an answer.

But I would lie if I didn't let you in on a secret. The Alpha almost lost one warrior tonight and I would have happily confessed to the crime as well!

I caught that darn mutt peeking through my window blinds while I was undressing.

Stupid unmated males!

"Come one. Can't I have one?" Michelle whined while she stared out the window. Her eyes roamed over all four guards standing around my house in nothing but shorts.

"No! Two of them have mates Chella! If the other can stop being pervs, then maybe you can go after them." Michelle whined again after I told her this.

I sigh, "Come on, let's meet them and for your sake please stop drooling, I don't wanna swim in it." I joked and she quickly wiped her mouth.

We made our way outside to where they were all gathered under the big Oak tree in our backyard.

"Guys. This is my friend, Michelle." I introduced and they all smiled.

The first one, Marcus, had blue eyes & red hair with a tanned skin

The second one, Joshua, had green eyes & blonde hair with slightly tanned skin.

The third, Henry, who was mated to the Alpha's sister had black hair and grey eyes.

The last one, Felix, was mated to some girl in the pack. He had fair hair & brown eyes.