T r u t h

Cara POV

The day passed by slower than a grandma on a Sunday cruise. 

Yes, I know it's a weird saying, but it was the truth. 

I didn't even pay attention in any of my classes because Drake was bluntly telling everyone that it was a white wolf the U.W.C. almost caught.

After I decided to walk from school I was now sitting here in my mom's office because I needed to get my head straight. 

"Hey, why are you so tense?" My mother asked me. I didn't want her to freak out at work, so I just replied 

"I'll tell you at home." She nodded, knowing that it meant something important.

"Well well well, Miss Cara." I smiled at the soft green eyes greeting me. My mother's co-worker, Felix was a redhead. Why does he look so similar to Marcus? I wonder... 

"Hi Mister F." I greeted him with a friendly smile. "So how's your leg?" He returned the smile while closing the door.

"My leg is better thanks. How did you know?" I asked and looked at Mother with an arched eyebrow. She looked a bit like a deer caught in headlights. "Oh Cara, this is Marcus's dad." She explained and my suspicion was correct. 

"Wait, but how long did you know that he was related to Marcus?" I sat straight up in the lounge chair.

"Since you've had an encounter with the Alpha." She replied with a shrug of her shoulders.

Felix nodded stating that what my mother was saying was true. "Look Cara, I know you don't trust me or anything, but I'll do anything to protect you and your loved ones. You are my Luna after all ." He stated and I coughed as the word Luna rolled so easily off his tongue.

"Uh... Mister F, please don't call me that. First things first, I'm not the Luna because the Alpha and I aren't mated, and second, that means that to you I am Cara." I replied and he nodded.  "As you wish Lu- Cara." He stuttered quickly correcting his error.

"So what do you want to tell me?" Mother asked me and I knew why to bother to wait until home because we are already on the topic. "Drake, you remember him? Well, he knows people who are wolves." I spit out a bit too harshly.

"Like in Drake Stiles?" Felix asked and I nodded. "Oh, that's one of our pack members. He doesn't know that you are the white wolf though."

"But he doesn't have to go and tell everyone that he knows about wolves. He could be kidnapped and interrogated." I replied and Felix scrunched his nose as he registered what I was saying. "Alright, I'll talk to the Alpha about the whole situation!" Felix waved his hand.

"Come in." Mother responded to the knock on the door before more of her boss strolled in. They started talking while I propped my earphones in and listened to music, thinking about Drake.