Mountain

Dean POV

We searched high and low for a whole week, but it was like she vanished into thin air.

I knew someone took her, she would never leave her mother or Michelle like this with no indication of where she would've gone.

"Alpha?" Colan asked, he was one of my best warriors and also my best friend.

"Yes?" I looked at him.

"We've found something..." He replied and I smiled, hope filled me... Could it be her?

I followed him to a cell in our dungeon. My hope sunked into my shoes.

There stood a rogue of one of Ben's packs.

"Where is she?" I asked calm. Maybe to calm.

He looked at me, he was just a boy. This wasn't one of Ben's pack.

"I don't know anything. I want to get back to my village." He cried, tears streaming down his face.

"Why did my men catch you?" I asked softly... He looked at me then at Colan.

"I ... I stole some bread. My family , our village, we are rogues... We ... We don't have money ... We ... I stole bread... I ... Am sorry." He talked between long and hard sobs.
I sighed.

"Colan , take him back to his village. " I demanded and the boy looked at me.

"You said 'where is she'? What did you mean Alpha?" He asked softly, but I heard it.

"I am looking for someone special that was kidnapped by someone bad." I replied.

"Is her name Cara?" He asked and then I looked at the boy, how did he know her name was Cara?"

"We , she was in our village about for a day , she.. Left." He told me.

"Colan, get me the best, I am personally escorting him back." I demanded and Colan sprung into action.

***

"Miss? Is this maybe your son?" I asked a lady, that the boy pointed out to be his mother. She turned around, her eyes were dull and lifeless, but it sparked up when her eyes landed on the boy in front of me.

"Oh my, Johnny! Where were you? Why did the Alpha brought you back? You are in big trouble!" She babbled on.

I smiled, that is how my mother was when I was just a little boy.

"Miss, I am sorry to interrupt, but may I speak to who ever is in charge?" I asked and she nodded, pointing to a 2 story house.

I knocked and after hearing footsteps, the door opened.

There stood a young girl, she's younger than Cara. She had platinum hair and green eyes.

She bowed, "Alpha, what a pleasant surprise." She greeted after bowing,

"May I come in?" I asked and she nodded, stepping to the side. I walked inside with Colan behind me, the rest of my warriors searched the premises.

I could smell Cara was here, but it was about a week old.

"Would Alpha like some coffee?" She asked, but I shook my head , no.

Then another pair of footsteps came down the stairs. A young man, a bit older than me stood there. He had blonde hair and green eyes.

"Alpha." He gulped.

I nodd my head and smelled something off.

Cara...

Her smell was all over him. "Sir? May I ask... Was there a young woman in your presence about a week ago? Dark brown hair, brown eyes?" I looked at the guy before looking at the girl.

"Sorry, no one was here." The guy answered, too quickly.

"Shane!" The girl yelled, she sighed.

"You must be talking about my friend, Cara.." Bingo.

"Yes , she was here. She left." The girl covered her sadness, fast.

I nodded, "Thank you?" I looked at her.

"Xhara. Xhara Brittle." She smiled. I stood up and looked at the guy, he was scared.

Cara must've shown him her eyes.

Damn those eyes are freaky! I smiled remembering the first time I witnessed it.

"We'll be in touch," I said lastly before leaving the house.

"Where are we going to search?" Colan asked.

"The river, she knows Ben is on her tail, so she'll cover her scent in the water." I explained and he nodded.

I just hope she's okay...

****

Cara PoV

After going through rough waters, I finally stumbled out , certain that Ben has lost my scent. I couldn't shift because I have forgotten to strip out of those I was wearing.

I walked slowly towards a cave entrance that was covered by a few trees.

I would need to make a fire some time before I go to sleep... Or I might die of hypothermia.

So I just searched the cave for any sign of life before going outside.

The cave - like I have mentioned - is hidden behind some thick trees and is close to the stream , so I have access to fresh water and fish.

I shuddered at the though of eating raw fish...

After picking up a few sticks , I placed them behind a rock that I hope shields the fire from the wind.

I shifted and quickly as I could, lid the fire. It was harder than it looked , but after a hard struggle and almost bibbering to death, I got the fire going.

I shifted back to my wolf and curled by the fire. I would fish later.

What would Dean do to see me fish in wolf form?

Few hours later.

It was past the afternoon , and my stomache was rumbling. So I decided to fish... I stood up on my stiff legs and walked towards the stream where a few fishes were swimming.

After many attempts I finally catched a few fishes.

I looked around the cave for a flat rock to placed on the hot coals before placing the 3 fishes on the rock.

Few hours later

That was some amazing fish, I never knew I could cook so much yummy fish.

I watched the last coal go dead.

It was already late , maybe after 11 , and I was falling asleep quickly.

Good night Magna.

Goodnight Cara.