Golden

Cara POV

Why... Why did she have to smell so niceCan't we see her again? Since Magna has bitten Michelle, she can't stop complaining about not seeing Michelle.

"Mother! The whore is doing it again!" I screamed and Mother just shook her head.

Hey, watch it! I am your wolf! I shut her off and smiled. Michelle did smell nice... But she couldn't be my mate...

"Mother. Why is Magna going on like this?" I asked.

"She has bitten someone close to you... You'll have a closer bond than any other wolf and its mate. You'll act as lovers, but you'll both have your mate." She explained and I nodded.

I looked at my watch: 19:30.

It's time... Magna was happy and so I made my way, with Mother, towards Michelle's house.

"Please help... It has already started." Miss Camrai was panicking and I sprinted towards the back, where her screams were coming from. Magna whimpered at the sound of it.

After I had gone to Michelle, Mother started to inform Miss and Mr. Camrai about wolves and living with one.

Michelle's POV

I felt like a normal teenager after Cara bitten me - or well more like Magna. I was currently sitting outside and enjoying the warmth, but something was different.

I stood up and that's when the pain started. Like they warned, it was excruciating to say at least, if it wasn't more painful.

I heard my bones cracking, and I felt my body slowly shifting.

"Michelle!" I was glad to hear her voice again. Her arms went around me as we slowly walked towards the forest, my breaths coming out short and rapid.

"Deep breaths Chella!" She whispered and so I did.

In
Out
In
Out
In
Out.

We made our way into the woods, and Cara stopped in a clearing surrounded by heavy trees. 

"It's okay. I'm here. Just take deep breaths." She comforted me.  She decided to let me sit on the ground as the night went on.

It went on for more than an hour. I never cried so much in my whole life. She was right. It was way more painful than anything I have experienced. 

"Deep breaths. Deep breaths." She comforted. The comfort helped a bit, but then my bones started cracking again.

Before I knew I was standing on four legs.

Cara smiled. "You are beautiful Michelle!" I smiled at her words before watching her skin rippled, fur sprouting out, and then in her place stood a beautiful white wolf.

Hello Michelle. I am Golden, your wolf. I smiled at the beautiful voice.

Hey Golden.

Cara nudged my side and pointed with her head towards the lake.

You wanna run?

Wait who said that? I didn't know the voice. Cara sorta smiled

It's me dumbwit, Cara. We're mind-linking.

Oh oops. Give me some slack. This is new.

We started trotting towards the lake but ended up going full speed, and let me tell you, it was amazing...

The wind in your fur with the trees zooming by and I didn't even trip or fall one time. My senses were also more heightened. It was like I was flying, but I wish I was a bit faster than Cara. She was the white wolf, so no wolf could top her speed.

We came to a halt and I saw we were at the lake - already? We drank a bit of water before laying on the ground, on our backs, and looking up towards the blue sky.

Do you like being a wolf?

Yeah, it's Golden.

Golden and I chuckled mentally at the joke. I looked towards Cara and she looked back at me.

Come on. Let's go home.

And so we sprinted home - and of course, I  won - well in my dreams.

Mother and Father came out with Cara's Mother at their side.

They smiled and started softly patting my fur.

"You are one beautiful wolf." I mentally smiled at that compliment, but something felt off.

I looked at Cara as she was looking at me and my parents with adoration - but I saw a hint of sadness- I'll have to ask her mother.