Chapter 5

The next day I arrived at school around 7:45. We had 45 minutes till School called. I was still traumatized by what had happened Monday night.

My body was in a frail and fragile state and I just stared at everyone. I felt tension the closer a person got to me so I kept my distance.

My pace quickened as i walked along the corridors to my classroom.

I froze.

I saw the class clique again. Janess noticed me, but luckily none of her friends did.

As Janess saw me, she stared at me until she noticed I saw her and then quickly looked away. Besides her usual friends, she seemed to have alot more rebellious children around her. She probably gained some street credit for what she did. By "what she did" I mean ALMOST KILLING ME.

Did she feel guilty? Did she hold a grudge on me? What was she thinking?

I was convinced she was crazy, or at least she had some huge problems...maybe like mine but she was the kind of person to take out her problems on other people. All I did was pull off her wig, and this girl is ready to KILL ME. I mean the wig looked like crap anyway. What did I ever do to deserve this?!

I wondered all of these things as I continued on my journey to class.

I enter my classroom and see Clara sitting in her seat texting.

I wondered if she was texting her crush Tony. Tony was a good looking boy. He was 17 and in form five. He was dark skinned with a pearly white smile and big lips. He had black almond shaped eyes and black curly hair cut with a fade on the sides.

I went to my seat next to Clara's and nervously mumbled,

"G'mornin..."

Clara turned and observed me, she hesitated for a few seconds and then she made up her mind of what to say,

"Um, Why was I left on seen Shenice?"

I tried to say something but I couldn't. What she said made me think of...that night. I scurried out of class and ran to the bathroom

I ran to the bathroom and hid in a stall and cried again. I covered my face and tried to muffle the sound of my tears so no one would hear me, like anyone in this school would care though. Usually when people cried in this school, it's because their boyfriend dumped them.

After a few minutes when the bathroom became empty, I wiped away my tears. I was about to open the stall until two people came in. There was a voice of a girl and a voice of a boy. I listened closely and I realised it was Janess and Tony!

"What d hell gyul!" Shouted Tony

"Shhh!" Janess whispered

"How you could get pregnant?!" Tony asked rhetorically

Janess stated with her voice breaking,
"Look we had sex, now ah pregnant what we should do?"

"Throw it away, das wha!"

"Throw it away?! We can't throw away d baby, this is YOUR child too and we get weself in dis mess so we better just handle it!"

"Ha! U feel I stayin round to take care of some child...I have a life yuh know Janess..."

"So you just going an walk out on me?! Just so! Yuh cah do dat! NO! NO! NO!"

Janess starts to cry

"Janess we cud still be together if you have an abortion, but if you want to stay and raise baby, well good for you. I gone to live MY life"

"But Tony!" Janess calls after him as he walks out the bathroom.

Janess runs out of the bathroom.

I was so shocked. Since when did they start dating? How did this happen? Part of me actually felt sorry for Janess. I then got a sharp pain in my gut because I remembered that Clara had a crush on this idiot.
____________________________________
THANKS FOR READING! VOTE AND STUFF