Chapter 10

Inside was a small, blue painted room. It was dim, the curtains were dark purple and the windows were closed. It was very cold as the A/C was on blast and in front of me was a small empty desk with a woman sitting behind it wearing black gloves. The place looked rundown. Behind me, the door we came in had 3 locks on it and a burgular proof (which is very common for a building or house to have in trinidad considering the crime rate). There was another door besides the desk where light was peeking under it.

Stacy went up to the desk "patient 02, on time."
The lady picked up the phone and pressed a button and said, "02, issa go," then hung up.

A doctor came through the door beside the desk and said to come with him. He was tall, fair skinned, bald and had a long dark brown beard. Stacy and I followed the man into a not as dim hallway where we were directed to the first room on the right. I sat down on a hospital bed and he pulled out forms from a file cabinet and pills from a cupboard above it.

"You going to sign d contract and den take de pills. After this session doh come back by me with any regrets cus I doh deal wit dem regrets, I deal with mistakes, accidents, whatevah u want to call it. You come here for a reason and I here to make it happen. Make dis quick, I dus only deal with one patient at a time. If yuh want to back out, back out now but we have a fee for waistin muh flicken time."

"What is dis, Stacy?!" I said
Stacy replied, "What you mean wais dis, Shenice? You cah be pregnant! not at all not fuh no man! I tired deal wit stupid young girls hoeing around and i not goin and let dis happen to my sister fren. Youse a smart girl and yuh have yuh wok to study and I not going an let u be a nex poppyseed high statistic for teen pregnancy. All along yuh was doin yuh wok and not being like d ress a chiren in yuh school and look what happen now. Nobody hadda know just do dis simple ting and yuh go be good. How you think it feel when I pass thru poppyseed and get all my passes wit no chile to mind? It feel rell good cus 90% of my frens from school en make it where i reach. I independant, I have my own car to drive. And as a friend I set this up for you, so you doh hadda end up like my past school frens and dem. So yuh bess sign d contract, and take d pills please!"

"Stacy, how could you force dis upon me, first of all dis illegal and secondly I do not believe in abortion, I have no problem if you do but doh force dis crap on me. I not doin it I leavin and not signin no contract."

"You is one fool eh, Shenice, yuh want to mash up yuh life?"

"Hurry up! Alyuh like drama" The doctor said

Stacy intensly looked at the contract, then the pills and rushed to forge my signature then jumped on me and tried to force pills in my mouth. I kicked her in her stomach and the doctor pulled her away. I went out of the building and onto the unknown streets as fast as i could.