Chapter 11

I was out in the street and so amazed by what just happened. What even WAS my life???? I had zoned out from everything. My goal then was to get away from Stacy. Who knew she could be so hostile? What if she was running after me? My adrenaline was pumping so hard, I could feel my heart palpitating a mile a minute. I had rushed into the road and I didn't know where I was. The streets were not lively and I had no clue where to go so I ran up the sidewalk. I could see the highway coming up close and I continued running to it and I could see the highway that oddly, wasn't busy but then...

I tripped and fell into a drain.

Why are all these things happening to me?! What about my baby? I need to be careful.

I heard the sound of a car coming up the street, my first thought was it could be Stacy coming up the street to find me and force pills down my throat so I hid in the drain. It was smelly but dry at least. Soon her black tiida drove up the street slowly then she parked across the street from the drain I was in. I heard the sound of her stepping out of the car and I made an effort to be extra quiet. I then noticed that the bracelet I was wearing fell off into some grass next to the drain as I fell. Unfortunately, right when I noticed that Stacy had walked across to the drain. She noticed the bracelet and said,

"She was here hmm, I wonder where she is now?"

She looked around and then shrugged as she gave up looking for me. I breathed a silent sigh of relief as she walked back to her car. She then drove off onto the highway.

I came out of the drain and took up my bracelet and starting walking at the side of the highway. At this point I was done with life. I had no where to go and who could I trust?

I touched my forehead and it was bleeding. There was a cut from the fall that I just noticed, since now I could think while I walked. After 5 minutes of walking I came to a sign telling me I was in Arima. I didn't know Arima well as I hardly ever went past Tunapuna going East but I could at least make my way westward. I looked down at my clothes and they looked more worn out than usual. I was so done with everything I didn't care about my safety at that point. I was tired of everything but I just kept praying that I'd find a solution as I walked.

I came to a junction (intersection) which was more crowded and I made my way to the bus route to catch a maxi (public bus). I had no money but I planned on running off the maxi as soon as I arrived at my destination which was home because I had no where else to go. When I caught a maxi I quickly sat down in front as I was glad to just sit down in peace and I shortly fell asleep.

When I woke up I realised i wasn't on the bus route anymore...I was at a dead end in an unknown village. I turned to look at the back of the bus and in the row of seats behind me there were two strange men sitting down. My heart started beating quickly again and all I could say was

"Sh*t!"

One of the men said "HAHA we have a meal dis evening"

This man looked 30 something, he was of indian descent, had his hair in long cornrows and wore worn out street clothes and had lots of gold teeth. The other looked like a younger version of him, most likely his son and looked like he was in his very late teens.

What if they were going to rape me?! I couldn't take getting raped again, no not me and this crap. I was ready to fight! Fight stronger this time because there was nothing to lose...other than my baby.

The men got up off their seats and this was an alert to me to start defending myself. I looked around quickly and saw that there was a piece of iron under the front seat. I pulled it out from under the seat and I started uncontrollably swinging the iron over the two men. They both were cut but the younger one got a hold of my arms and managed to take the iron from me. He then pointed to the chair for me to sit down and I obeyed the order. The older man was trying to get to me to beat me up however his son (i think) held him back from getting to me.

"Wais yuh name?!" He said harshly

I said nothing, I was shaking.

"WAIS YUH FLICKIN NAME?!"

"Sh-sh-she-she-" my voice cracked

He raised the piece of iron to strike me and I blurted

"Shenice!"

"SHENICE WHAT?!" He shouted

"Shenice LESLIE!"

"Leslie?!" He said sounding frightened, "From whey"

"Tunapuna..."

His expression dropped and his father said, "nah she musbe leslie daughter leh she off quick"

I was let off the bus thankfully and I thanked God because I was so grateful. When I came off I realised I had hopped on a fake maxi; the stripe pattern was not even correct. I couldn't believe I didnt notice I was so tired and I wasn't paying any attention. I wad so stupid. I looked around and realised that where we were was just much further up my street. I then started walking home.