Chapter 8

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND MATURE THEMES. TRIGGER WARNING!
____________________________________

Later at home, I took the  pregnancy test. My father wasn't at home at the time so I was safe. I hurried to the bathroom and followed the directions.

After I peed on it, I was hesitant to read it but I eventually looked.

Holding the white stick in front of me it read "+"

NOOOOOO!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!! OH MY NO NO OH GOD OH JESUS HELP MEH OH GAWWDDDD!!! WHY WHYYYY AHHHHHHH!!!

I threw the pregnancy test on the ground and grabbed the sink and bawled into it screaming hysterically.

My father (appearing out of nowhere) entered the house and rushed to the bathroom
"WHAT YOU MAKING ALL DAT NOISE FOR?! U HIGH AWA?!"

He looked down and noticed the test on the floor.

His face turned red. He looked at it and veins were poking out his head. He threw the test on the floor and grabbed me by the neck. He punched me but I fought back this time. I had nothing to lose. He pushed me down and ran in the kitchen and grabbed a knife. He held it up in front of me, looking crazy.
At this point I was so frightened. I was in shock. He held up the knife, twitching and staring at me. He then dropped the knife and started crying. I ran out of the house, down the road and sat on a bench.

I sat there in tears overwhelmed why what just happened. Then I realised that I wouldn't be safe out here as it was getting late so I should find somewhere to stay. But where?!

I called Clara.

"Hey I need a place to stay right now. Please don't ask. I'm running out of phone money. I'm lower down on my street. I need you to call me back if you know what to do."

I hung up.

She called back after a while.

"SHENICE WHAT DE HELL?! You better explain to me when nex I see you! I ask Stacy to pick you up and let you stay with her, she go be there shortly"

Stacy, Clara's older sister was 20, she was a nice person. She never seemed to have problem helping people when they were in need. She attended and lived at UWI (University of the West Indies) in St Augustine and that isn't far from where I live.

I hid in the bushes nearby so no one would see me. When a black tiida pulled up, I knew it was Stacy. I quickly hopped into her car and we drove off.