Chapter 1

That Monday morning, my Dad and I had a fight over a test that I failed.

" I didn't understand, OKAY!"I claimed.

" SHENICE, AH DOH' LIKE LIARS EH!" he shouted back, " I did not raise my child to fail maths!" " You doh' study! That is de problem!"

" I DID!" I screamed.

He growls and "SLAM!" goes a pot spoon in my face. I cry and run to my room.

Why did my life have to be so hard? Why is my father so bad? Why? Thoughts scramble through my head as I whimper in pain. Why couldn't I have a loving Dad, who understands?

After the thoughtful journey to school by travelling, I entered the building. My school was brown in colour and it was divided into two story buildings around the compound. I then strolled to class. As I looked around, delinquents were doing cocaine. The girls and boys wore their uniforms untidily. Their shirts were out of their skirts which they cut short. The boys wore their pants below their underwear. Hideous. I walked to class and I greet my only friend, Clara.

Clara was petite and short only about 5 feet in height. She had long wavy black hair and a button nose.

"Morning Girl," I greeted, Giving her a hug.

"Morning," she answered, " Giving me a strange stare, noticing the mark on my face from the pot spoon, "what is wrong with your face?"

"Nothing!" I say

" I know you, and I know dat nothing mean something," Clara stated

I paused saying nothing

" Your father do this, didn't he?"

I continued saying nothing for a very short while then nodded

"Oh my gosh!" She said

She hugged me and showed great compassion. Then tears ran through my eyes.

"Thanks" I said as I felt loved.

-------------------------------------------------------

THANKS FOR READING! VOTE AND STUFF!