Chapter XIX

Chapter 14

Taylor's POV

"Uh? Why are you watching the Kids' Choice Awards when there's a Walking Dead marathon on?" Jasmine tried to snatch the remote from the table but I quickly grabbed her wrist.

"It's the Kids' Choice Sports Awards, and I'm looking for Klay."

A few months has passed since the last time I've seen him. If I catch him at a good time, we usually have a 5 to 10 minute conversation, but it's just not the same. 

"Same difference. You're still stuck on him," she plopped down in an adjacent chair  with a big bowl of popcorn, "Damn, it's been soooo long since I watched this! Do they still use the green sli-"

"Yes, I'm still stuck on him! Obviously, he doesn't feel the same way about me..." I laid my head down and felt tears welling up in my eyes. Fuck! I told myself years ago I wouldn't cry over a guy like this. Especially over a guy that's not technically mine. "I feel like he doesn't want to talk to me either because our conversations are short and infrequent."

Jasmine sat up a little taller and leaned over to inspect me, "Are...are you crying, Taylor?"

"You know...it's allergy season and I'm due for an allergy shot soon so...."

My lying sucks.

"Do you realize who you've been with? KLAY. THOMPSON. He is that guy right now in the NBA.When you are that guy, you become that busy. You have to understand and respect the game. I know emotions can cloud reality, but you still have to think realistically."

That has to be the realest thing Jasmine has ever said.

"I know, I know! It's just difficult when I get the best indescribable feeling when I'm with him. Like you know that feeling you get after eating your favorite ice cream?"

"I'm lactose intolerant."

"Okay never mind. He makes me feel good on the inside and out. I crave him because he satisfies my feelings."

"Damn Tay I don't know which drug is worse, heroine or dick..." She looked down at her hands comparing each as if they were scales.

"Jasmine, not the point. I have never had that same experience with any other guy.  You remember how my last ex made me feel unworthy."

In high school, I dated some guy and at one point he was my world! He was talented at everything he did, but he fell short when it came to controlling his emotions. When he got mad, I was always the person he blew up on. When he was sad, I was the one who was supposed to make him happy. He even forced me into situations I was not even comfortable with. After all of the abuse I took from him, I still was not somehow fulfilling his needs, so I was repeatedly cheated on. I wasn't his girlfriend. I was more of his punching bag. He took everything from me and left me with just anxiety and trust issues. 

"But Taylor? How did you have sex with him after just meeting him like that?"

I sat there for a second because I haven't thought of that myself.

"I felt a strong connection between us, but honestly I was low key begging for male attention."

"So you were horny?"

"No I was not horny."

"That's exactly what that is though! That's unlike you just to give it up like that."

"Yeah I know. I hope I didn't give him the impression of being easy."

I paused for a minute and thought.

"Easy?"

"Jaz? What if Klay just sees me as a," I don't want to say it, "a booty-call? Or maybe just a.....hoe."

She glanced at me for a second, turned, and started laughing.

"What?" I asked puzzled because it's a huge possibility.

"Why would you be considered a hoe to him? He obviously saw more in you for him to take you on several dates. I mean I'm still not over how you almost kicked his cousin's ass!"

Oh yeah...I'm still not over that either.

"Taylor I believe he really likes you and wants to be with you, but he's just busy. He's in the NBA, has a shoe line, and is about to be somewhere in Rio repping The 'A. Be proud of him! Let him know you support him and understand his situation!"

Wow Jasmine needs to become Pastor Jasmine!

"I guess you are right."

We both turned toward the television and saw Klay along with Stephen at the awards.

"As much as I would love to finish watching this with you Tay, I hope you remember we have a plane to catch in the morning to Mississippi for our Uncle's wedding."

"I totally remember," I totally did NOT remember.

I went upstairs and finished packing. As I prepared for bed, all that was on my mind was what Jasmine said and my feelings for Klay. Maybe I do need to be more supportive and understand his lifestyle?What if I just need to end it since I'm overly sensitive? Who knows? I just need to get some rest for this four hour flight in the morning back to where life started for me.

                            ////

Finally! Time to get back to the 'Sip. This will be a good time for Jasmine and I to get away from the fast life of L.A.  That city really does do something to you.

"Taylor it's time to board the plane."

*phone buzzes*

"Hold on, I think I got a text from my mom."

My phone lit up again and it was not my mom...

Klay T: Hey, are you free this weekend?

I smiled at the text, which followed by the the urge of wanting to scream.

How dare he text me when I'm not going to be free nevertheless in the state this fucking weekend?

Unbelievable.

That concludes Chapter 14! The next chapter will include a new, known face and a small surprise! Thank you guys so much for being extremely patient and so supportive. I would like to apologize again for the hiatus. Please give me any kind of feedback, good or bad. Also feel free to message me about anything! Much love 💗