Chapter XVII Klay's Side

From Klay's Side

What am I doing?

I can't even face the man in the mirror. Why? Because he bares past and future disappointments. I don't even deserve to call myself a MAN. I'm just a disgrace.

The water ran so eerily slow from the faucet that I turned it up hoping it would drown out these intrusive thoughts.

"Maybe if I just splash myself in the face I'll be fine again."

SPLASH

"I still feel empty"

SPLASH

"Oh my god what am I doing with my life?"

SPLASH

"This is just a waste of time."

It was just a waste of time because every splash made me think of how wrong I have been doing Taylor since the beginning. Even worse, I've been doing her wrong by messing around with her blood, her family, Jasmine. Jasmine is no better; Taylor is HER cousin. The very cousin she lives with. The very cousin that has seen her at her worst and is proud to see her best. The type of cousin that will love unconditionally. I'm no better because I knew this whole time.

A loud a buzz from my phone put me back into reality, if we can call it that.

MEETING IN 1 HOUR

"Damn."

Just a facade called BUSINESS.

Pressed for time, I swiftly moved down the stairs, and every second I was making a pact with myself to let this be the last time I see Jasmine. I may even completely break it off with Taylor. It's best for all of us mentally!

I casually entered the kitchen, "Hey, Jasmine. I Just wanted to say-"

Anxiously, she began to fumble with her phone trying to switch to mute but no success.

"Who is that," a familiar voice came from the phone.

Jasmine, already far from sober, tried her best to deflect the situation, "Taylor.... It's no one. I'll call you back!"

"Who is there? That sounds a lot like...Klay?"

"It's just a commerci-"

Lies on top of lies on top of lies. I can't take this anymore! So I decide to-

"Yes! It is Klay! I wanted to surprise you because I honestly miss you. Lets make things right between us."

Lie again.

I could hear the excitement in the words as she spoke and sense the acceleration in her car as she raced home.

"You son of a bitch!" Jasmine screamed as she stormed up the stairs and ending her rage in slamming the door with a gigantic BOOM.

When Taylor arrived, my whole world slowed down. My senses were heightened to the highest extent! Each touch felt like tiny, individual electrical shocks that brought me back to life each time. Her words triggered emotions that I never knew I possessed.

It had been so long since the last time I saw her, and I can't believe I almost forgot these feelings!

Has a person ever given you an out of body experience?

She's the type of girl you'd thank God for even just being able to breathe the same air as.

That's Taylor, yet I did her wrong.

I took in every laugh and every memory she shared with me. Couldn't help but to smile; however, I was confused.

Why does she STILL want to talk to me? That question haunted me to where I couldn't even hear her over the repetitive voice in my head.

*Buzz-Buzz*

YOU'RE LATE!

Those two little words took me out of my trance. How could the time gotten away from like this? I swear she has be hypnotized!

"Sorry, but I gotta go to an important meeting. I'll call-No, lets go to dinner tonight?"

"You seem stressed, so maybe another time when you don't seem so out of it."

She took me in for another hug, and gave me a small kiss on my cheek.

I could feel the guilt well up inside of me followed by tears.

"Goodbye, Taylor."

Goodbye? If only I meant it! Why did I ask her to dinner knowing I can't keep fucking with her. It's sick and cruel! Just borderline abusive!

Finally, I was at my car, and realized I forgot something.

I ran as fast as I could back to her house and frantically began beating on the door, "Taylor, please open up!"

She opened the door, and I was faced with her again.

Then I dropped to one knee.

"I know this is sudden and unprepared, but baby will you please marry me?"

- - -

Chapter 17!

I can't believe I've been working on this story for two years! First, I would like to thank those who have been rocking with me this whole time and to those of you who are new. You guys kept my story alive during my long hiatuses, again thank you! I am just so blessed and happy to be back. Good News: I will be posting a chapter every 2 weeks! Bad News: The story is coming to an end in a few more chapters. That's okay! Chapters will be longer starting with 18 and better quality.

Again, thank you!