Chapter XII

Taylor's POV

"So what about this dress?"

I stepped out of my closet and gave a little spin. Jasmine was laying on my bed judging my outfits to see which would be best for my date with Klay.

"It's just eh," she said with a little discontent in her voice. She proceeded to pick up her phone  and scroll through Twitter as if she was bored with me.

"Oh Cmon Jasmine! This is the sixth dress and Klay will be here any time now."

I stormed back into my closet and began flipping through my  clothing rack yet again.

"I can't mess this date up!"

Jasmine came in behind me and put her hands on my shoulders, "Taylor now that I look at it from more angles, this is the perfect dress!"

"You're not just saying that to get me to shut up are you?"

"Oh no," Jasmine then started leading me to the bathroom mirror, "Look at the way the dress hugs your body and insinuates your curves though!" She spun me around in a quick motion, "Look at that booty! Those squats are definitely working. Klay will love this dress!" 

I stared at myself in the dress and realized I do look good! Jasmine was right those squats I had been doing are really working.

Jasmine went down stairs while I touched up my hair and makeup.

My phone buzzed with the message Be there soon 😏 from Klay. I giggled at the message and gave myself one last look in the mirror.

"I'm ready."

I grabbed my clutch and called down to Jasmine to tell her I was about to come down. I walked down the stairs slowly but gracefully to make a prom like entrance. Jasmine took pictures and marveled at me with every step I took.

"You look amazing! Plus you're walking in heels so much better now."

I strutted across the living room testing out my balance, "I think I've graduated heel training!"

"Yeah just hope you don't fall on your ASS tonight!"

"Jasmine, you would jinx me."

Soon after we were interrupted by the doorbell. I dashed to the door and unlocked it as fast as I could. Dramatically, I slowly opened the door to reveal Klay standing there with a dozen roses.

"Hey," he shouted holding the roses out to me.

As cliche as I could turning in Jasmine's direction, I exclaimed a loud "For me?" when I knew damn well those flowers were for me.

Klay and I exchanged a tight hug before I passed the flowers to Jasmine to put in a vase. After I just stared and admired how handsome he looked.

"We should definitely get going since I have a reservation for us."

"Oh yeah we should!" I snapped out of it and interlocked my arm with his.

"Jasmine we're leaving!" I yelled out.

"Okay! If your going to be home late let me know this time."

"I'll text you if we are," Klay called out.

"Also use protection!" She yelled out as she poked her head from the kitchen.

I turned around and flipped her off without letting Klay see me do it.

"That's not a nice finger to use Taylor! A thumbs up would've sufficed!"

Klay opened the door to the car for me and I sat down gently. I wiggled around in the seat and looked around a bit. This is the car from that one night. He hopped in the passenger seat and started the engine. We were off to the restaurant!