•Six•

Week three

Monday morning, I hate thee so. You pull me from my weekend slumber only to drag me back to hell for another five days. I laughed quietly to myself as I try to stop creating Shakespearean poems in my head.

I crawled out of the bed and made my way to my bathroom to being getting ready for today. I took a shower and wrapped a towel around my body as I did my hair and makeup. I walked over to my closet and grabbed a floral dress with a beige colored sweater over it.

I slid on my one shoe and grabbed all my stuff for school before making my way into the kitchen.

"How are feeling?" Karen asked as I sat down at my unofficial official seat at the island.

"I've been better." I said picking up a piece of bacon and nibbling on it until everyone else could get down here so we could eat. I'm still getting used to the everybody eats at the same time thing.

Shawn was the next one down stairs. He sat in his seat beside me after giving his mom a kiss on the top of her head. He was wearing black jeans and creamed colored shirt. We kind of matched, which was weird.

"You know people are going to think we planned this." I said taking another nibble of bacon. He shrugged and took a sip of his orange juice. His mom slightly chuckled and roller her eyes as she put food on Aaliyah's plate.

--------------------------------------------

"Okay, so the time has come from solo or group projects is among us." Mrs Harmon said standing on the piano bench. I smiled, this was my favorite part of class. We do it about once a month and I live for it. I usually sing with the other outcast in the cast, but maybe this time I'll luck up and can sing with Shawn.

"Brooke, we teaming up?" Shawn asked me from the tenor section of the classroom. I ignored the whispers coming from around the classroom and nodded. He smiled and then went back to writing in his notebook.

The first half of class consisted of us practicing music for the concert and the second half was teaming up and brainstorming.

"What about an acoustic of one of your songs?" I asked. I had my legs laying on his lap and he was playing the drums with his fingers on my knees.

"I don't know. I feel like that's what they are expecting us to do."

"But what is they expect you to think that they expect it. Then if we do one of your songs, they won't expect it because they expect that we know they expect us not too." I said. Shawn raised an eyebrow and I had to repeat it before he understood what I meant.

"You know instead of saying all of that you could have just said you wanted to do one of my songs because they are the greatest things ever." He said smirking.

"Actually I changed my mind, let's do a 5SOS or One Direction." I said scrolling through what little music was on my shitty phone that I hate but am grateful for.

"It's the accents, isn't it?" He asked and I nodded, laughing.

-------------------------------------------

We actually decided to go with a song from a musical, but it's a secret. After chorus, I went to the library for free period. Shawn had to go do something but said he would see me at lunch. The only class we don't have together is the last one of the day. He has computer science and I have foreign language. It kind of sucks, but sometimes it's nice to have a break from his beautiful face. It sometimes hurts my eyes to look at him too long, he just so... him? I don't know.

I took out my book for my English class and began to read it and take down notes for the final project at the end of the book. It wasn't very interesting, a British literature book that our teacher was requiring us to read. It was quite boring actually. We get to pick our next book though which is a good thing because I don't think I could take another book like this one.

--------------------------------------------
The rest of the week was pretty uneventful, but it's Friday which means we get to preform in chorus. I'm pretty stoked about it actually. I wore a yellow tee shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans and Shawn wore a royal blue tee shirt and black jeans. We wore this to be funny, considering that's what they were wearing in the musical but in the formal clothes version.

"Okay, so first up is.." Mrs Harmon said reaching her hand into the reaping style bowl. She grabbed a piece of paper and unfolded it.

"Brooke Hastings and Shawn Mendes." I smiled before standing up and walking towards the little stage thing we had. It's like a mini auditorium. You have the stag, where we keep instruments and where the teacher stands, and then the rows of platforms where our seats go.

Shawn played the keyboard because I suck at it, so I played the guitar. We looked at each other and nodded before we began playing.

[Brooke]
Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly

[Shawn]
Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast

[Brooke and Shawn]
Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
And ever just as sure
As the sun will rise

Ever just the same
And ever a surprise
Ever as before
And ever just as sure
As the sun will rise

Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bitter-sweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong

Certain as the sun
Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and...
Beauty and the Beast

We finished and everybody clapped. We smiled before standing up and walking back to our seats.

"Well that's going to be a hard one to go after, maybe we need to save you two for last next time." Mrs. Harmon said winking.

I propped my feet up on the chair in front of me and laid my head on Shawn's shoulder to watch the rest of the class go.

Today was a good day. This was a good week.

-------------------

Double update who? I bet you nonexistent readers love me :)

3/14/17