•Fourteen•

Week 16

"As of now, we are putting your due date on November 1st. Are we wanting to know the gender today?" My Ob asked, turning towards me.

"Actually we are having a reveal party. If you can, would you just put the gender in a envelope?" I asked, sitting up and pulling my shirt down.

"Sure thing sweetheart." She said grabbing an envelope from under the desk. "How are you planning on doing it?" She asked handing the envelope to me.

"My boyfriends sister is dying her hair." I said smiling, grabbing Shawn's hand to get off the table.

"That should be cool. I hope everything goes well."

"Thank you so much." I said walking out the door and waving bye.

------------------

"Are you 100% sure you want to do this?" I asked Aaliyah. We were waiting in the lobby of the salon.

"Of course! What kind of honorary aunt would I be if I didn't?" She asked laughing.

The person doing her hair walked over to us a motioned for us to come back.

"Sweetheart I just want you to flip through the book and pick the shade of blue and pink you want." He said handing Aaliyah the book as I handed him the envelope. "This will take about an hour. I will have her text or call you when I'm just about to rinse so you can come pick her up. Are you wanting to do the reveal here or do you want me to cover her head with a wig cap and a beanie?" He asked.

"We're just going to do it here. There's only going to be five of us anyway." I said smiling.

"Sounds good! See you in a little bit." I waved and walked out the door to the car.

Shawn was already waiting for me. We were going to go get some food while we waited and then maybe a walk in the park.

--------------
My heart was heating a mile a minute as Aaliyah walked out from the back room with a towel wrapped tightly around her hair. I really want him to be a him, not that I would love him any differently than if he was a girl. 

"Brooke, do you want to do it?" Mark asked moving out of the way so I could stand behind liyah. I nodded and walked over to her letting out a breath. She smiled at me through the mirror.

"Shawn will you count for me?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"1" I reached up and grabbed the end of the towel.

"2" I closed my eyes and slowly began to remove it.

"3" I pulled it the rest of the way off, now using me hands to cover my eyes, and heard cheering and a couple disappointed groans. I was still too anxious to look.

"Babe, you have to open your eyes to see it." Shawn said walking over to me and grabbing my hands with his own. He slowly began to remove my hands from my eyes. I looked down at Aaliyah who had the prettiest shade of teal hair.

"He's a he?" I asked turning around to look at Shawn. He smiled and nodded.

"He's a he."

"You owe me $100 Mendes," Henley said walking over to Shawn and placing his hand on his shoulder. Shawn sighed and took his wallet out of his picking, handing him the money. I laughed, before taking a picture of Aaliyah and tweeting it.

@brookehastings  Baby Hastings wants to thank their Honorary aunt for helping reveal their gender. @aaliyahmende.s

Sorry this one is so short buuuuut, I didn't really know how to stretch it out

6/10/17