3

Tehya's POV (February 6, 2017) (6:30pm)

I turned my key into the lock of Jewel's apartment. It has been a long day for me. I had a disappointing meeting with my counselor who informed me that I have six weeks to pull my grades up and that my scholarship was ending anyways. She said I could work and intern for this music producer named Stewart Johnson in order to stay here and have my tuition covered. She gave me his info and where to find him. It's always something with me. Why can't my situation be easy like Jewel's?

Speaking of Jewel I walked into the apartment to see her in front of the mirror trying on clothes like a mad person. Stuff was everywhere. "Jewel what's going on in here? You call me messy but you have got me beat today." I said looking around the apartment at the mess in front of me. I sat down at the kitchen island pulling out my phone. " Im gonna ignore your attempt at being funny." She said rolling her eyes and shimming into a skin tight skirt. " What do you think?" She asked turning to me. " It's aight." I said glancing at her then back at my phone. "Aight? Come on Tehya I need your help I have a date tonight and I want to look really nice." She said taking off the skirt and going into her room.

"I thought you were done dating." I said confusingly. She came back out in some black , skinny jeans with holes in them. " I was but it doesn't hurt to try and get to know people. It doesn't mean I'll like the guy or that it will go anywhere." She said putting a black leather jacket over her black crop top. " Alexander Wang boots or Christian Louboutin boots?" She asked like I had an actual fashion opinion. " Jewel I don't know I can't afford either one of those." I said. She sucked her teeth. " I knew better than to ask you just forget it Tehya." She said going to the couch to get her purse. "Okay , okay the Louboutins."

I said looking at her and pointing to the boots. " Really? You don't think it's too much black?" She asked picking up the boots and tilting her head a bit staring at them. "No, black is a classic color and you can never go wrong with it. Plus , even though those boots are black they aren't just your regular boots they are Louboutins so you are going to standout in a good way." I said nodding my head towards her and the boots. " Great , thanks Yaya. " She said as she smiled at me. She but the boots on and went into the bathroom. I got up and went into her bedroom, sitting on her bed watching her do her hair and makeup. " Should I do winged eyeliner?" She asks looking through her makeup bag. " Nah , just some in the rim of your eye. " I answered while texting back Marcus. We have gotten surprisingly close over these past few months. He has become my source of light in all this darkness around me.

"Tehya! " Jewel semi- yelled. " What?!?" I replied snapping my head up from my phone. "Mascara or false lashes?" She asked holding up some mascara and lashes. " Uh- the mascara those lashes look like little black moths." I said laughing. " Girl , bye these are mink lashes but , okay mascara it is." She said putting on a generous amount of mascara. " So, what's the tea on this dude you are heading out with tonight." I asked glancing up at her.

" Well so far all I know is that he is 21, he goes to Columbia and plays Wide receiver for their football team. Oh and Jasmine swears he is fine." She said putting on some red lipstick.
"I would die out laughing if you came home and said the nigga looked like lil yachty or some shit." I said laughing. She staled faced me and started straightening her hair. " I would get the fuck out of there if that nigga looked like him. Dead ass say " hey I'm about to go to the restroom be right back" then jet the fuck out of there I'll climb through the window bitch I'm not playing." She said laughing.

"Or you could text me to call you and I'd make something up and you could say " oh my friend is stranded on the Lower East side and doesn't really know NYC that well I have to go get her." I said. " Shit you could say your pet fish has diarrhea and I'd be fine with that. " She laughed and I laughed along with her. " But Jasmine knows better she wouldn't play you out like that." I said sounding serious. " You know what Tehya I'm starting to realize looks really aren't everything." She said. " what? So you would be with lil yachty? " I asked surprised that she said that.