8

(Jewel's POV) (1:25pm)(March 14, 2017)

Today was a day I have been dreading for weeks. Im meeting with my mother Gabrielle Belfleur for some lunch today at The Sugar Factory in the Meat Packing District. I haven't seen her in months because she lives in Paris, where she has a multi-million dollar fashion line. My mother is very respected in the fashion industry, she use to be a popular runway model back in the late 80's and early 90's.

Once she had me her career slowed down a bit and she decided to focus on fashion design so she could spend more time with me. But, honestly she still didn't spend as much time with me as I'd like, even though she wasn't modeling she was still working a lot and traveling as a designer.

Throughout my childhood my grandmother was like a mother to me, of course my mother hired some nannies but no one could measure up to my granny. She was everything to me and when she passed things were never the same, I felt more lonely then at 13 years old than ever before in my life. Now as an adult Im trying to push past my problems with my mother and have a stronger relationship but some things still stick with me to this day.

I checked my phone and realized she was 15 minutes late, typical mom, oh but when I run a little late she chews my head off. I took a sip of my drink called "peach, love and harmonie" it was good but I was becoming impatient waiting on her.

I checked my messages and still nothing from Tyler. I haven't heard from him since he ditched me at the bowling alley. I wanted to text him first but I'm very prideful, I decided to suck it up and text him anyways. Even though I was still pissed at him for what he did and I had my suspicions I wanted to at least check on him to make sure he was alright.

Jewel: Hey babe, Its been a while since we have talked and I just wanted to check in on you and see if your okay. I guess were still on for that shopping spree? Hit me up when you can.

I waited for a few minutes but no reply so I started texting CJ.

Jewel: Hey Ceej, whats up? Im here super bored at sugar factory waiting on my diva of a mom.

CJ: hey Juju, Im at work waiting on my next tattoo to work on. Its a portrait so its going to take a while. How late is she ? Hope she isn't as late as she was before, if she doesn't show Ill come and eat with you.

Jewel: What type of portrait and she is about 15 minutes Late, I hope she does show though its been awhile since we have seen each other. You would leave work to eat with me?

CJ: Its a portrait of a sloth, some guy had a pet sloth and it died and now he wants the sloth on his arm. It's weird I know but hey I have actually done weirder tattoos. I hope she shows too, keep me posted though and of course I would Juju, anything for you.

Jewel: lol, you really do have to do some weird stuff at your job. Ill definitely keep you posted and you are the sweetest its good to know I have a friend like you.

Right when I sent that message my mother walked in, she was looking good as always but her lateness was ridiculous.