6 회

Eun Jisoo; Hyungsik's Rooftop

"Enough of me and your friend, what about you?"

"Excuse me?" I asked confused, "What about me?"

"You said you have no dream, no goals, what was that?" he asked, "I'm sure if my life isn't perfect, your friend's life isn't perfect, yours shouldn't be either."

"Well," I croaked, "I used to do gymnastics and I got hurt right before the nationals so I quit. I'm too afraid to do even the splits now."

"Is that all?" he asked suspiciously. I felt my heart beat faster, the tension grew in the atmosphere, "Um y-yeah."

"You're bad at acting," he said calmly, "I bet there's more to the story than that."

"It's personal," I spat, "Anyways, if you want to speak to me just text or call don't come by our cafe."

"Why?" he questioned as he placed his empty can on the table. I tapped my pointer finger on my chin a few times before answering, "My dad hates actors and actresses, he will kick you out and call the police on you if you come by."

"What?" Hyungsik asked, raising his eyebrows. I sighed as I drew circles with my finger on the wooden material, "Yeah, if he knew I was delivering to a company that hosted actors and actresses he wouldn't have let me go. Don't ask why he doesn't like your type, it's personal." 

"Okay, fine." he grumbled. I looked at him, confused, "Why do you care?"

"Well, I ju-" but before he could say anything else a loud bang rumbled through the atmosphere. I jumped up and ran over to the door and opened it for Yisoon. She gave me a small smirk before walking over to the bench (어더스 노드: if you watched roommate that is what the wooden bench looks like) and placed the plastic full of food down, "I bought four sets, it should be enough. You do have vegetables right?"

Hyungsik gasped and covered his mouth with his hands, "I don't have any! What to do? Why didn't you buy any?"

"Well," Yisoon frowned, "You didn't give me enough money to buy more food." He glared at her, "Why didn't you use your own money?"

"My own money is for my own use," she retorted quietly with a small pout. Suddenly Hyungsik started to chuckle, Yisoon and I looked at him like he was crazy.

"I'm just kidding! I have wraps, wait here while I go grab some," he laughed as he stood up and left to grab the food. Yisoon tugged at my shirt and pulled me down to sit, "So what happened?"

"Nothing,"  I shrugged, "We just talked, I'll tell you later, right now let's focus on eating." Soon after he came back up and we started to cook the meat on the small grill. As Yisoon and I played a modified game of rock paper scissors, Hyungsik grilled the meat by himself in silence.

Out of nowhere, Yisoon stopped playing and then looked towards Hyungsik and asked, "Are you single?"

He looked at her like she was weird but answered her question anyway, "Yeah, only dated when I was little, what about you?"

"Um," she frowned as she lightly tapped her pointer finger on her lips, "Never, boys didn't like me."

"Ah, right, Jisoo told me," he said as he smirked at my direction. Yisoon yelped loudly and before I could puzzle out what he had said to her, Jisoo had started slapping me and punching my arms, making me complain to Hyungsik, "Hey! You weren't supposed to say that! Yisoon, I just told him because he didn't understand why you were acting like that!"

"Right," she mumbled and then suddenly her face lights up, "Jisoo has never dated, ever. She is really really dense. Every time some guy asked her out her first reaction would be, 'Are you talking to me?' or 'Are you joking with me?'"

I glared at her and gave her a slap on the shoulder, telling her to stop but Hyungsik, with his mouth full of meat, told her to continue so she did, "And so they tell her they do like her and it's for real but then she just rejects them saying that she doesn't like them or doesn't believe them because this and that, that and this. Anyways, Hyungsik-ssi, you have to save some meat for us too!"

He nodded as he plated some of the meat and passed it over. As we ate Yisoon continued to tell him all the times I had rejected a guy but I didn't stop her because it seemed like she was having fun, for the first time in more than 20 years.

"Wah, you really eat a lot," Yisoon gasped as she watched Hyungsik finish up his one and a half serving of meat, "You just left us veggie for us."

"Sorry," he said as he swallowed his food, "Do you want ice cream? I have some in my freezer. Yisoon's eyes lit up as her arm swung up to the sky, "Sure! Any flavor for us, we like all sorts!" He nodded and left us on the roof top to go grab dessert.

When he came back up he had brought a half full tub of chocolate ice cream, some spoons, and small cups, "Just scoop as much as you want." We nodded and immediately got to eating the ice cream in silence. The stillness of the atmosphere felt pleasant as we stared up at the few stars in the sky.

"Oh, right! I wanted to ask you why did you invite us?" Yisoon asked all of a suddenly, "Specifically Jisoo, don't you have a ton of other friends to hang out with?"

"Well, all my friends are either celebrities busy with their schedule when I'm free or married men and women who need to take care of family and work. I don't have many free and single friends so." he said as he finished off with a shrug, "Anyways, shouldn't you guys go back now? Will your dad worry?"

I gasped as I looked at my phone to see the time, "Ugh we'll leave in ten minutes and just make an excuse or something." but Yisoon was doomed, "Oh no! My mom wanted me back half an hour ago! I need to go now or she'll be mad! We are supposed to go to an event later!"

"Uh oh, hurry up and go, and if my dad calls you tell him I'm on my way back," I said quickly as Yisoon gave a quick wave to us and ran downstairs to catch a taxi. I sighed as I threw all the trash into the plastic bag.

"Come over here and sit for awhile," Hyungsik urged, I furrowed my eyebrows, "What for? I need to leave soon."

"Well just admire the scene one more time before you leave," he said as he pointed out to the scenery, "It's worth it, best at this time." I just agreed and sat down next to him, leaving some space between us, silence came again and this time it was a tense silence. Just when I was about to say something he had beaten me to it.

"Jisoo-ah." he began as a small sad smile spread across his face. I looked at him curiously, "What is it?"

"Are you afraid?" he asked as he removed his view from the scenery to me. I pouted a little, not understanding his question, "Afraid of what?" There is a pause in between before he continued his question.

"Afraid of falling in love."

-드라마-

omg some parts might sound weird because some parts i wrote it with korean dialogue playing in my head like what to do in korean could me otteoke 어떻게 and the part that says oh right! can be oh matda 오 맞다!