21회

Eun Jisoo; Gangnam Hospital

I yawned as I stretched out my arms, opening my eyes to see where I was. The hospital room was so bright that I had to blink a few times before adjusting. I sat up to see my brother wide awake, "Oh hey. How did I get in here?"

"That Hyungsik guy brought you in," I gulped as I looked around for traces of him but I don't see him anywhere. I stood up and walked to the door but was stopped by Junsu, "Hey, don't mingle too much with him, you know why."

"I know," I sighed as I slid open the door, "I'll be back." I left the room and went to the counter to pay the bills and get everything settled before going back in quietly. The door slid open again, revealing a tired Yisoon as she tried to stop her pants, "Oppa, are you okay?"

My brother chuckled at her, "Yeah, just a little injury here and there." She sighed and looked at her phone, "Well, since you're okay, I need to get back to what I was doing."

"What are you doing?" I asked her as she turned around to leave. She points at the tv, "You'll see." and then rushed out. I turned on the tv and the two of us sit there in silence as we watched a show wrap up.

"You know," Junsu sighed as he threw his head back, "I won't tell father. End it before I change my mind." I glared at him as he avoided my eyes, "Nothing but friendship is between us so stop it. I won't hurt him just because you guys don't like it. You have no say until it actually happens."

"Well I'm trying to save you before it happens," he groaned as he rolled his eyes, "You never know what will happen." I scoffed at him but before I could say anything else, a familiar face appeared on tv.

It was a showcase of some sort for Seojun, probably for a new work or something. I watched as they started off with some questions and little performances, "Why are they broadcasting this?"

"Why are you asking me?" Junsu asked as he closed his eyes, "Turn the tv down and let me sleep before dad comes over." I turned it down and watched quietly until another familiar face appeared on the screen, it was Yisoon.

It's too quiet to hear much of their conversation so I only watch. Seojun reaches over for her hand and turned around to face her, saying something into the microphone. She smiled as he removed the mic from his mouth and leaned in to kiss her.

I gasped and the first thing I do is pull out my phone and internally ship them like crazy. I texted her a few times but there is no reply since this program seemed to be live or else why was she in a rush before.

After the show is over, I finally receive a text back after almost an hour, "I'll explain everything later." I laughed to myself lightly as I turned the tv off just as another text came in, this time it was from Hyungsik, "Come out. I'm free and bored right now."

I quietly exited the room and left the hospital to see a new unfamiliar car at the front. I opened the door to see Hyungsik smiling, "Hop in." I enter the car as a catch a whiff of the scent from the new car, "Ditched your wrecked car?"

"Yep," he chuckled as he pulled a mask over his mouth, "Hey, you want to go see cherry blossoms? I heard there are some really great ones in the area?" I just shrugged, "Sure." And so he drove to the area, parking in a small parking lot before the two of us walked to the grove.

I was so happy to have someone to suddenly talk to and so as soon as my lips parted, words flowed out like a river. His laugh makes me feel joyful for it's been awhile since we actually talked face to face.

"I heard Yisoon is dating Seojun," I told him as he gasped at me, "Really? Honestly saw it coming but I didn't know it would happen so quickly. I wonder how the media would react."

"Well just search it up," I giggled as he gasped again, pulling out his phone and pushing his sunglasses down a little, "I didn't know it was publicized already." Reading the articles must've made him nervous for he tugged his mask up a little.

Suddenly there is a loud crowd of girls approaching from a few yards away, gossiping about the fresh news from the articles, "Oh wow, that's crazy, I can't believe he's dating someone."

I felt a hand tug me over to one of the trees. Hyungsik leaned against the tree, afraid they would see, "Oh god, red zone." I bit my lip as the girls start to look towards our direction. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him closer to my face.

Even with his mask in between our lips, I couldn't help but feel awkward. Holding it in, I watched the girls walk away before letting go, "Um sorry." He scratched the back of his neck, letting out a small cough, "It's okay. I think we should get you back now, I need to get to work soon."

So we went back to the car and he drove me back. I sighed as I went back to my brother's room, "Please don't nag at me." Junsu scoffed as he closed his eyes, "I trust you to make the right decision. Don't fail me."

The door slid open and my father walked in, marching up to Junsu's bed. I sat down on the couch and let myself rest for a moment before falling asleep.

xxxxx

I sighed as I shut my bedroom window close and covered up the moonlight that was coming in before getting ready to get some real shut-eye after a good shower. I reached over to turn my table lamp off when my phone dinged quietly.

I unlocked it and looked at the message from Hyungsik, "Could we meet if you're not asleep? Is the bridge near your place fine?" I quickly replied and then jumped out of bed, throwing my damp towel aside and sliding on a big sweater.

I slipped on some sandals and quietly left the house. I walked down the sidewalks until a reached the small bridge near a silent stream, "What's up? Why did you want to see me?"

Hyungsik was standing there in his sweater and sweats with his hands in his pockets, "I have something to say and I kinda missed you." I pursed my lips as I walked closer to him, "But we just saw each other several hours ago. Did you forget already?"

He shook his head, "I remember very clearly. I guess it wasn't enough to make up all the days we missed." I furrowed my eyebrows, "So what is it that you wanted to say to me. If you could get to the point already, that would be great 'cause I need some sleep."

He let out a small sweet smile as his lips parted and those words flowed out like it could've never been stopped, "I like you and I think I need to take responsibility of my feelings."