23회

Eun Jisoo; At Hyungsik's Place

I heaved my body up and down as I tried to carry him into his room. Luckily he wasn't as heavy as I thought he would be. I threw his body at his bed, letting him fall softly into the material. I unzipped the jacket he was wearing and threw it aside to see his toned muscles, slightly covered by his t-shirt.

Ignoring the fact that he looked so good, I placed my hand on his forehead, "It's definitely a fever. Why did he drink so much?" I rolled the sleeves of his shirt up and fanned him with my hand a little before going out to grab a wet towel and a stool for me to sit on.

I entered quietly as I heard a small groan from the boy, "No..." he said but he was clearly still asleep, "Don't leave me..." And my heart almost stopped as I heard him beg in his sleep, "Please... Stay.... Jisoo-yah..."

My heart sank as I closed the door lightly, knowing I was probably hurting him so much. I placed the towel over his head, hoping he would cool off and stop his nightmare but it wouldn't. His voice kept on calling as he struggled in his sleep.

"Hyungsik," I called as I shook him lightly, not wanting him to continue hurting so much in his sleep. His eyes opened slightly and the first thing he shifts his eye to is me, "Jisoo..."

"Yes, it's me. You were having a nightmare so I woke-"

"This must be a dream," he mumbled as I watched his eyes close, "Jisoo is right next to me. I don't want her to leave..." His hand reached for mine and stopped when his fingers slid in between mine.

I sat down on the stool and sighed as I wrapped my hands around his, feeling even more guilty, "I'm sorry," I whispered as I rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand, "I really am."

xxxxx

After coming back from the pharmacy, I placed the medicine on his kitchen counter before checking up on Hyungsik. I bumped into the stool with a loud noise, waking him up, "Sorry about that."

"Why are you-" he started but I interrupted him, "Why did you drink so much?" I watched his Adam's apple bob up and down nervously, "I couldn't fall asleep." I sighed as I crossed my arms around my chest, "But you are ruining your health like that. Anyways, I made you porridge and bought you medicine. Take it before I come back from work."

"Stay," he pleaded with both his mouth and his eyes. I shook my head, "My dad will kill me if he finds out I woke up so early to check on you." I turned around and left before my legs give up. I drove back home to get ready for a day of work.

xxxxx

Dinner was nearing and I couldn't help but worry for the boy. He probably would order delivery if he was that hungry but I've never seen him eat anything better than ramen for dinner on ordinary days.

I pressed down on the doorbell but there was no answer so I unlocked the door and walked in quietly to hear his voice, "I was just drunk okay? No. I'm sick so there's nothing I have to comply with. Stop it. That's ridiculous. She's not. You didn't need to make her involved. Shut up!"

My hands don't turn the doorknob because I'm afraid of going into his room so I just turn around and walk to the kitchen. I open his fridge to see nothing much but egg, milk, some fruits, yogurt, leftover and take out.

I quickly cooked something simple as my ear overheard a little bit when Hyungsik walked out of his room and peeked through the doorway to see me. He held his towel on his forehead with one hand and his phone in the other, "Yeah. Um hm. Don't worry mom. Yeah I'm okay. No, not yet."

He walked away but I could still hear him talk to his mom on the phone. I finished cooking and pulled out a plate as I listened, "Stop nagging. I know. I'm busy. I have a guest right now. How did you know? Mom, you're crazy. There's no way she's going to like me. She doesn't deserve me."

Before I could even think, the plate slipped out of my hand and shattered against the floor. I squatted down quickly and picked up the pieces slowly but I flinch when I heard his footsteps, letting the shards fall off my palm, scratching me.

"What happened?" he asked as he took the towel off his head and wrapped it around my bleeding hand. My face turned red from embarrassment, "I was just careless." He sighed as he looked at me in the eye, "Don't pick up the shards with your bare hands."

He stood up and left for a while before bringing the first aid box over and a broom, sweeping the shards aside first to allow him to get closer to me, "I'm the one who's sick but now I have to take care of you." he joked.

"I'm sorry," I apologized as I looked down and my feet. He chuckled lightly, "I'm just teasing you. Plus I'm not complaining about it. Next time, be more careful."

"I'll buy you another plate tomorrow," I told him as he patted my head, "No need." I sighed lightly as I looked up at him, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" he laughed, "You already apologized before." I shrugged as he slowly cleaned my wound. I don't make a sound as I watched him work intently. He wrapped the cloth around my hand and smiled sweetly, "Come on. Let's eat now before the food gets cold."

He stood up and got the table ready as I swept up the shards into the trash. We ate dinner in silence as our eyes occasionally met. The silence slightly bothered me but I didn't know what to do about it.

Dinner finished up and I stayed to make sure nothing happens to him. I stood outside the door as he walked out of the bathroom, a towel over his head as he flashed a smile, "What is it?" I sighed as I dried his hair for him.

"I'm sorry," I apologized again, "I was stupid to reply in that way. I didn't even show that I thought about it or-" He shook his head and sighed, "It's okay. I told you I didn't expect a yes. It just means I have to work harder. I won't give up on you. I told you I'll take responsibility, right?"

"How can you when you don't even take care of your own health?" I mumbled as he grabbed my hands and removed them from the towel over his head, "Don't worry about me, idiot. You just cut yourself over a broken plate. How do you take care of yourself?"

There is silence between us and I don't know how to break it except just stared at him like he was with me. I gulped as his eyes diverted from mines and he spoke quickly as if he was nervous, "Could you perhaps stay? Ten minutes?"

My muscles relax to his request and a small smile appeared on my face as I replied, "I'll make it fifteen minutes. Just for tonight."