10 회

Park Hyungsik; Hospital Room

I woke up to the sound of people rushing by the closed door. I sighed when I saw Jisoo sleeping with her head and arms rested on the side of the bed.

I didn't remember why I was even in the room so I shook her up to ask her. She looked at me with her blank face. I laughed lightly, "Wake up sleepy head!"

"Ya, let me sleep," she complained as she closed her eyes again. I started poking her shoulders, annoying her, "Wake up! Why am I here?"

She groaned as she lifted her arms and head up, startling me, "Well you kind of hit your head and you probably won't remember anything from the past 12 to 24 hours, depending on how good your memory is. Do you remember what happened last night?"

I pretended to look shook, "What? What happened last night? How would you know?" She rolled her eyes, "Not like that."

"I know," I smirked at her, "I was just pretending. But I don't remember anything after I fell asleep, did I just wake up here or something?"

"No, I became your manager and we went to shoot your last few scenes but you hit your head on the rocks so yeah that's why you don't remember."

My jaw dropped open, "What? Work?! Oh no, that's not good! When can I go back to work? Is the injury bad?"

She shook her head as she pulled out her phone and opened the camera on selca mode, "Here, your bandage is blocking it but it isn't that bad, you bled a little and the inside of your skull had some internal bleeding but they said it'll be fine soon. You can leave the hospital in 48 hours which is two days from now."

I groaned, "Ugh, I wanted to finish this project quickly! Do you think the scar will show up?" She shook her head, "Um, no. Obviously, makeup is so advance now you can cover it up easily."

"Oh right," I mumbled as I held my head, "What's wrong with me?"

She stood up and fixed her hair quickly, "I'll be going now, it's getting late and I'm sure I have nothing to manage."

"Wait," I stopped her before she could walk to the door, and then I gave her a cute smile, "Can I have a story time?"

"Sorry, but no," she frowned, "My dad doesn't know who I'm working for and if he gets mad he will find out and both of us will be doomed along with everyone else who is on your side. See you!" and with that, she left.

xxxxx

Eun Jisoo; At Home

"I'm home!" I shouted as I kicked my shoe off my feet, expecting a hoard of questions from my father but all I hear is, "Okay, there's pizza in the fridge."

I frowned as I walked passed my father who was looking out the window, "Did Jiyeon visit you again?" I asked as I pulled out the box of leftover pizza. He shook his head which confused me because he never gets into thinking mode unless she came over to speak.

"Your brother might have to come back home earlier," he sighed. I gasped as a huge grin appeared on my face, "Really? Isn't that good news?"

My smile faltered as my dad shook his head once again, "There is a group of rebel near his training site so he needs to be careful when escaping. They have to plan apparently."

It was as if someone had stepped over my heart, my whole body was almost pulled to the ground. I let out a long sigh as I let my knees drop down, "Ugh, why?" and I just sat there until my legs were numb from being sat on.

I got up and took a piece of pizza up to my room, leaving the box on the table and my father there to just stare out the window. Just like I always did, I called Yisoon and told her what my father told me and like always she decides to come over and talk about it.

It ended up being a sleepover, we stayed up and chatted until 1am and that was when we went to sleep. Waking up wasn't very pleasant because the stupid me forgot I had work to do. As the alarm from my phone rang, I stood up from my bed and almost stepped over Yisoon who was still sleeping.

I looked at my phone and it said 6am alarm. It took me a minute to remember why I had set that and immediately I freaked out quietly. I grabbed my clothes from my closet and quickly went to wash up.

When I finally finished up I rushed out of the house and drove to the hospital as fast as I could. Getting in was messy enough, doctors were stearing a ton of injured people back and forth between the emergency room and the outside. Luckily I got onto an empty elevator in time before anyone could crowd around.

When I got to his room he was already awake with a big frown on his face. I gave him a quick bow, "Sorry, I set the wrong timer so I didn't wake up on time. Did the nurse change your bandage yet?"

"No," he pouted, "They had some accident nearby so most of the nurses are tending the ones that are injured most." I sighed as I placed my bag on a chair and fumbled through the drawers for a first aid kit. I unwrapped the bandage around his forehead as he told me, "The nurse said I just need a band aid on the scarred area."

"Oh, okay," I nodded as I cleaned the wound and stuck a band aid on it. I sighed as I pressed down on the band aid, not knowing how much force I was putting on his head.

"Yah!" he complained, "That hurts." I bowed again, "Sorry." 

"Get me out of here," he complained, "The doctor said I can get a check up and if I'm okay I can leave." I just nodded as he stood up himself and I followed him from behind like a ghost.

I stopped at the door as he walked into the examination room. He turned around and looked at me, "What's wrong with you today? Hurry up and come in!" I apologized and went in to listen to what the doctor had to say but for most of the time, I wasn't paying attention because my mind blanked out.

xxxxx

Eun Jisoo; Shopping Mall

"Come on," he pouted, "I should get you something." I groaned as I lifted the heavy bags up, "But if you buy me something won't I have to hold everything?"

I watched as he walked over at grabbed the bags from my hand, "There, now what do you want? Don't go around looking all sulky and stuff, that will make it as if I was bullying my manager."

I cocked my eyebrow at the comment, "What? You just made me hold all that, they already know you were bullying your manager."

"Whatever," he scoffed with his playful eyes scanning the area, "Let's go to the arcade first, then we can get you some clothes and food."

"Deal," I said as I gave him a thumbs up but he shook his head, "Wait, there is one condition. If you win three arcade games I will hold your bags. But if I win you have to hold your own."

"Why?" I complained, trying to hide a suspicious smirk, "Then there's no point of buying anything if I don't win right?"

He stood there and thought about it for awhile, "Fine, I'll carry your bags." I smiled and then gave him two thumbs up, "Thank you! Yes! Turns out today won't be that bad!" I laughed as I ran towards the arcade.

"Oh yeah?" he smirked as he chased after me, even with carrying all those things in his hands he could manage to catch up, "We'll see."