Love That Never Dies

"Good," Derek said before he hopped out the window.

......................................

Stiles sat down on his bed, trying to keep the tears from leaving his eyes. He whipped at the tears, his face turning red from crying. He sniffed, looking around the room. There was nothing, nothing that could help him in any way. That's what he thought before he saw a picture frame that wasn't there before.

He got up, walking towards his desk. He picked the frame up, tears cascading down his cheeks. It was a picture of Stiles and Derek, holding hands in the forrest where they first met. They were looking lovingly at each other, their fingers intertwined. They were arm to arm, faces leaning into each other. Stiles and Derek were about to kiss, the picture snapped before they did. It was their first family camping trip with his dad, who took the picture.

He smiled, remembering that day. They were all happy, going on a hike towards the lake. His dad took a lot of pictures, this one being his favorite. His dad let him print it off, placing it into the picture frame. He held it against his chest, walking back towards his bed. He laid down, still hugging the picture against his chest. He knew that it wasn't a dream anymore. It was real.

"Stiles," Mr. Stilinski said as he walked into the room.

He saw Stiles hugging a picture frame against his chest, tears flowing down his cheeks.

"Oh, no," the sheriff sighed.

He walked over to Stiles, running his hand up and down his back. Stiles looked up, his face streaming with tears.

"Why'd you let me believe it was a lie?" Stiles cried.

"I don't want you to remember what happened to you," Mr. Stilinski answered.

"I don't remember! Why don't you ever tell me anything?" Stiles screamed.

"We can't tell you anything. You might get hurt again," Mr. Stilinski explained.

"I need to know!" Stiles exclaimed.

"We can't tell you."

"Whose we?" Stiles asked, his voice deep.

"Derek and I," the sheriff replied hesitantly.

"Get him over here now!" Stiles shouted.

{Ten Minutes Later}

Derek walked into Stiles' house, worried about Stiles' reaction. He hesitated at the bottom of the stairs before heading up.

Derek opened Stiles' door slowly, walking in with his hands in his pockets. Stiles got up, walking briskly over towards Derek.

Stiles kissed Derek, his stitches hurting his lips. He filled his kiss with all the anger and broken hearted feelings, making Derek stumble against the wall.

"How could you do this to me?" Stiles asked when he pulled away.

"I can't let you get hurt even more than you did," Derek whispered.

"But you break up with me? That's worse!" Stiles yelled.

"Stiles, I did it to protect you," Derek furrowed his brow.

"Derek, you really hurt me," Stiles cried, running towards his fathers open arms.

Tears cascaded down Stiles' cheeks, Derek standing there like an idiot. His father urged Derek on, yet Derek refused. He walked out of the room, Stiles running after him.

"Derek!" Stiles called after him.

"What?" Derek yelled, spinning around to face Stiles.

"Don't go," Stiles answered softly.

"Why? All I do is hurt you one way or the other, and if I stay, you'll get hurt from the alphas!" Derek yelled.

"The alphas?" Stiles hesitated.

"The pack of alphas. They came here last week, threatening me to join their pack. If I didn't they would beat me to death. Then they threatened to take you, and when I refused, they hurt you," Derek sighed.

"For what? They wanted me, so why did they hurt me?" Stiles questioned, tears slowly fading.

"To teach me a lesson," Derek answered.

"A lesson? About what?"

"That I can't have everything, even if I tried hard enough," Derek looked away.

"Derek, I think you should stay. You can help keep Stiles from harm," Mr. Stilinski said.

"What do you mean?" Derek questioned, his eyes narrowing.

"Sleep here with Stiles. You've shared a bed before," the sheriff answered. "You can fight off more intruders than I can."

"Thanks dad," Stiles smiled, wrapping his arms around Derek.

Stiles snuggled against Derek's chest, Derek acting stiffly. He didn't hug Stiles back, just stood there staring coldly at the sheriff.

"Derek, if you don't protect my son, I will never forgive you!" the sheriff yelled, walking out of sight.

"Look, Stiles, I love you, but I don't think we should see each other," Derek answered coldly, prying Stiles' arms off.

"What?" Stiles stumbled back.

"Stiles, I admit you are the best thing that has happened to me, just, if I stay with you, you'll get hurt," Derek answered, looking into Stiles' eyes.

"Get out!" Stiles yelled, backing away from Derek.

"Stiles," Derek whispered.

"No! Get out!" Stiles yelled again.

Derek furrowed his brows, his hands stuffed into his pockets. He stared at the ground, refusing to budge from the spot he was standing.

"Come on, Stiles," Derek pestered.

"Derek, why be here if you're just going to hurt me?" Stiles asked coldly.

"Because Stiles, I love you!" Derek yelled, frustrated.

"Then why do you want to hurt me so much?" Stiles cried, tears cascading down his cheeks.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt," Derek looked away.

"I'm not going to get hurt if you're here to protect me," Stiles sniffed.

"Stiles, come here," Derek answered, his arms open wide.

Stiles stumbled over towards Derek's open arms, falling into his chest. He snuggled his head in the crook of Derek's neck, tears soaking into Derek's shirt.

"I'll stay with you, but we got to get some of my clothes and other necessities from my house," Derek replied, kissing Stiles' forehead.

"Okay," Stiles hiccuped, whipping the tears from his face.