Chapter 1: Puppy Honey Is A Go!

Note: I was inspired by the trailers for 'Puppy Honey 2' and 'Love Love You'. What I hope to portray in this fiction is Pick's character development. And because Pick needs to suffer a little, I decided to be mean and introduce Nai into the story as well *cue evil laughter that echoes in the background*

x.x.x

It was a miracle that the dean was allowing "Puppy Honey" to continue for another year. Porshe couldn't be happier and he was more motivated than ever to keep the club going strong. Just because the dean had given them the green light to continue their activities didn't mean that they no longer faced the threat of the club closing down.

"Emma." Rome waved his best friend over and motioned for her to take a seat next to him before handing her the camera. "Can you help me pick out the photos for the recruitment drive?"

"Sure." They pored over the shots and finally decided on ten different ones.

Emma scooted her chair closer to Rome with a meaningful expression on her face, "You've been hanging out a lot with P'Pick lately. Did something else happen after..." The brown-haired girl looked around furtively. "...you know."

The only person that Rome had divulged to about the kiss was Emma. He had made her swear not to tell a single soul about it, not even Porshe. Pick would maim him alive if word of it got out.

"Now that my best friend's got a boyfriend...do I look like I have a choice?" Rome feigned an upset sigh. He shifted his gaze to where Pick was blatantly flirting with the newest addition to their club – a first year freshman from the law faculty. "I don't think it meant anything to him, Emma."

Pick refused to discuss the kiss and Rome didn't want to upset the delicate friendship that they had forged. Rome couldn't exactly blame the senior since he was the one who had kissed the other out of the blue. What was he expecting anyway? For Pick to reciprocate his feelings?

"I should go and get the photos printed." Rome pushed his chair back and stood up. "Don't you have to go and feed Tooey?" He asked, referring to the club's dog (pretty much Emma's other best friend now).

Emma was out of her seat within seconds and shouted a thanks over her shoulder at her best friend. Rome slung his camera around his neck and walked past Pick, pointedly ignoring the other since he was so busy chatting someone up.

What he didn't notice was how Pick stared at his retreating back until Rome disappeared from view.

It was getting pretty late when Rome returned with the printed and laminated photos, handing them to a grateful Porshe. The recruitment drive was important this year with the number of members in their club diminishing.

"Thanks a lot, Rome. I really appreciate your help." Porshe said earnestly, more than pleased with the junior's work. "Do you need a ride home? If I remember correctly...you live a couple of blocks away from Emma, right?"

"It's okay, P'. I'll take the bus home."

Sitting in a car with a couple? Nope, he'll avoid that for now, thank you very much. Pick's messenger bag was on the table, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Emma stopped at the table, "Are you going home with P'Pick? Sure you don't want a ride home?"

"And act like a third wheel? No thanks."His answer earned him a playful smack on the shoulder.

They exchanged goodbyes and just as Rome was about to leave a few minutes later, Pick entered with a stack of freshly printed flyers in his hands.

"Porshe left already? Damn that bastard...I got all these printed for nothing." Pick complained under his breath as he placed the flyers in the filing cabinet. "Are you going back already?"