Biggest Asshole Award Goes To

''You don't have to do this, you know.''

Rome rolled over to his stomach where he was comfortably sprawled on Nai's bed, the older male gazing at him from where he was seated on the computer chair. 

''Do what, P'?''

''Spend time with me. You have a lot to do at the club, right?''

Turns out that Rome's effort to spend as much time as possible with Nai hadn't gone unnoticed afterall. Having gone through a rough patch of his own, Rome knew firsthand that being left alone with one's thoughts wouldn't help matters at all. He propped himself up on his elbows and regarded his friend with a steady gaze.

''We're friends, so too bad. You can't get rid of me that easily. Besides, I can't let you mope around alone, can I?'' He retorted jokingly though his shoulders slumped a little at the mention of the club. ''I don't feel like turning up for activities.'' He planted his face against the pillow.

It wasn't that he was avoiding Pick (he couldn't even if he wanted to). Being in the same room as the other was something that he didn't look forward to anymore. Not with Rin always hovering around the senior, asking him this and that and both of them blatantly flirting in front of the entire club. Thus why Rome had skipped the previous three meetings. He had replied with a short and simple, ''Sick.'' when the older male had texted him asking where he was. 

Rome felt the mattress dip and he lifted his head up to get a proper look at his friend. Nai was a little gaunt from lack of sleep and loss of appetite, which was why Rome made it a point to hang out with the male often. At least he could nag at the other to eat his meals. Mainly, he didn't want his friend to do anything stupid. Like going after his ex-girlfriend's current boyfriend and beating the shit out of him. It wasn't worth the trouble.

''It's Pick, isn't it?''

''Why ask when you already know the answer, P'?'' Rome grumbled under his breath. ''I'm trying my best, but...it's difficult.'' He admitted after a few seconds of silence. ''Being around him. Trying to act normal. It feels fake.'' He heaved an exasperated sigh and rolled over to his back instead when Nai nudged him to scoot over to make some space so that he could lie down as well.

This was one of the reasons why Rome was so comfortable with Nai. The older male was aware of his sexual orientation, but he didn't seem particularly bothered by it. For instance, Rome knew he had the tendency of being extra affectionate with friends he was truly comfortable with. And Nai didn't seem to care whenever Rome accidentally leant it too close or used his shoulder as a pillow and it was...frankly, it was nice to be friends with someone without worrying whether the other individual was comfortable or not being around him. With Pick, Rome always felt as if he had to be careful about the way he acted. One wrong move and Pick would distance himself like Rome was the carrier of an infectious disease or something.

''What are you thinking about?'' Nai asked all of a sudden.

With Nai, Rome could also be honest with his thoughts, ''Do you ever feel burdened being around me, P'? I mean...you know I like men. I've had friends who stopped being friends with me because of that.''

''That's just stupid. So what if you like men? Sexual orientation shouldn't matter at all in this day and age.'' Nai rolled over to his side and jokingly tweaked Rome's nose between his fingers. ''I'm friends with you because of your personality. As simple as that. You're just like my friend Zee. He used to be really self-conscious about that until I knocked some sense into him.''

Hearing those words was enough to lift the burden off Rome's shoulders and all he could manage was a smile filled with warmth and gratitude. He couldn't understand how someone could have the heart to cheat on Nai. He was honestly the nicest person after Emma. Then again, it was probably his 'Mr.Nice Guy' personality that made him an easy target.