Movie Date

Emma narrowly avoids getting hit on the face with a flying t-shirt. She picks it up and moves to safety, opting to perch herself on Rome's bed while he continues rummaging in his closet.

"I have nothing to wear, Emma. Nothing!" Comes his muffled voice from where his head is still in the closet.

There's clothes strewn all over the floor and a pile growing on Rome's computer chair.
Nothing to wear, my ass.

"Just wear what you usually wear, Rome. You could wear a wastebin over your head and P'Pick will still think that you're cute."

"Yeah, why don't you try wearing one on your head the next time you go on a date with P'Porshe." Rome bites back playfully, holding up a black t-shirt against his body. "How about this?"

Emma scrutinizes it and shakes her head, "Unless you're planning on freezing in the cinema."

Rome discards the top and goes back to making a mess of his closet, throwing out one top after another from frustration. Emma understands how he's feeling actually. The first time she had gone on a date with Porshe, she had spent fifteen minutes fussing over her hair while Rome kept reassuring her that she looked alright.

"P'Pick's picking you up after his class?"

"Yeah. I told him that there's no need to since I don't have any classes today and I can make my own way there..." Rome suddenly pinches himself on the arm. "Sometimes, it still feels like it's a dream."

Emma snorts and makes her way over to her best friend, lightly smacking him on the head for good measure, "Wake up. You're going on a date with P'Pick and you've still yet to pick anything out. Come on, I'll help you."

Rome winds his arms around Emma and squeezes her tightly, "What would I do without you?"

Emma hugs him back just as tightly and pinches his left cheek, ''I don't know? Make a further mess of your room and have a mental breakdown while you're at it?''

x.x.x

Five minutes.

Come on. Move faster.

Pick's staring at the clock like doing so would make the time pass by faster. No such luck. He has no idea why he even bothered to attend his lectures today when he's barely managed to absorb any of the information. In by the right ear and out by the left.

''-also please take note that the lab sessions are an important component of your end year grades-''

Hurry up!

Pick starts jiggling his leg and drumming his fingers against the surface of his table. Porshe hits him on the knee. Twice.

''I will upload today's and next week's lecture notes on the student portal. I'd advise you to read through them if you want to ace next week's quiz. That's all for today.''

Yes!

Pick hurriedly stuffs his notes and textbook into his bag, uncaring of the fact that they might end up crumpled (besides, he can always borrow Porshe's notes) and slings his bag across his shoulder, raising a hand at Porshe, ''I'm going off now. See you next week!''

''Oi, what's the rush?!''

Pick waves without looking back, taking the stairs two at a time, ''I've got a date!''

x.x.x

Right. Here goes nothing.

Pick takes a deep breath, exhales, and presses the doorbell. Then stands there at the door regretting his decision. Maybe I should have just texted Rome.