Cute When Drunk

"Is there something which I should know about you and P'Pick?"

The microwave dings and Rome hops off the kitchen stool, pulling on a mitt to take out the bowl of buttered popcorn, "We're progressing along fine...if that's what you're asking."

Emma opens the fridge and takes out a bottle of chocolate syrup, popping the lid open and drizzling the sweet chocolatey goodness all over the popcorn, "No. What I'm asking is if he's asked you to be his boyfriend yet."

"Oh." Rome colors a little at the question. "Not yet. We're kind of..." He pops a chocolate-coated popcorn into his mouth and chews it thoughtfully. "...testing the waters."

"Testing the waters? You've gone on a movie date with him, both of you have been texting non-stop like a pair of lovesick idiots and P'Pick nearly had an aneursym when you got lost in the forest...and you're telling me that you two are testing the waters? Will I have wait until I'm hunched and balding before the both of you date?" Emma nags good-naturedly as she pulls the bowl towards her.

"Maybe." Rome jokes and Emma picks a spoon up as if to hit her bestfriend with it. "It's...I guess I'm contented just knowing that he likes me. I mean, that's clear enough nowadays."

Having a sleepover at each other's house was a monthly tradition for both of them. It was only nine, but both of them were already clad in their pajamas, ready to spend the night stuffing themselves silly with snacks while binge-watching movies.

"Besides, I want to give P'Pick some time to "adjust"." Rome continues and the both of them make their way to Emma's living room where they were blankets and pillows strewn all over the floor.

Emma sets the popcorn bowl down on the floor and plops down onto a cushion, "This is why you're the only one patient enough to deal with him. Seriously, remember when you said that he's not your type of guy? But look who went ahead and fell head over heels in love with him."

Rome tosses a pillow at her, "Yeah, yeah. You said P'Porshe was weird and annoying at first...but look who's dating him." He childishly stuck his tongue out at her.

Emma took out a pack of animal-printed masks (pretty much in trend these days) and both of them carefully placed it over their faces. Rome ended up with a panda while Emma's was a dog (how fitting), both of them giggling and poking fun at each other while they snapped endless selfies.

They were halfway through the movie "It" (the 1990 version - what's there not to enjoy about killer clowns?) when Emma piped up, "P'Porshe's asking if we want to join him and P'Pick for drinks. They're at a bar near my place. The one that we usually go to. Do you want to?"

It was only ten forty-five...which is considered pretty early for a weekend. Rome exchanged a wordless glance with Emma, both of them thinking the same thing.

"We totally should...right?" Emma voices out first. "I told P'Porshe we'd go if both of them are paying."

"You're a genius, Emma."

x.x.x

It was Pick's first time at Wanderlust Rooftop bar and he was already liking it. Unlike the places which he's been to before, the place was located in a quiet vicnity. The music was playing at a decent volume and the dimmed lights gave off a very cozy feel which made it easy to relax.

"Not bad, right?"

Pick picks up his chilled bottle of beer and lightly clinks it against Porshe's, "It's decent." He takes a swig of the liquid, appreciating the taste on his tongue before it slides down his throat. "I like it."