Chapter Five

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Ashlee’s POV*

“We’re going out Ash. Remember what I told you,” Louis said as he walked onto the stage with the other boys.

Rachel stood beside me sighing. I looked at her.

“What’re you dreamily sighing about?” I wondered.

“Don’t you think that Liam is just so adorable?” she asked.

I tried to hide the scowl on my face and answered with my best lie.

“Well, I guess…I don’t know. I mean, it’s kind of awkward because he’s my ex and all.”

“Oh, right, sorry about that. Listen, I don’t want you to hate me because I’m dating your ex boyfriend. I want to be on good terms with you. You seem like a cool girl.”

I sighed. It was hard not to hate her when she’s dating the guy who you’re in love with.

“Well, I appreciate that because I’m sure that I’ll be seeing more of you,” I said with a fake smile.

“BrilLiam,” she said, using the pun. I once again bit my tongue. This girl truly knew how to get on my nerves.

From there on we didn’t say a word to one another. Dani, Jenna, Angel, and Melinda gathered where we stood and we watched the concert together from the backstage.

“At this moment, I would like to introduce an old friend of ours. Ashlee, would you please come out here?” Zayn’s voice echoed through the microphone.

I smiled at the girls, grabbing Niall’s guitar from one of the crew’s hands. I headed out and got a bunch of screams from the audience. Everybody recognized me as Liam’s ex girlfriend. They knew we used to date. In fact, they loved us as a couple. I wonder what they thought of Rachel and him…

“She will be joining us during ‘More Than This’. This song means a lot to her and we thought it would be great for her to sing it with us. So give it up for the beautiful and talented, Ashlee Brennan!” Louis screamed into the microphone.

I sat down on the chair that the stage crew had put out and the boys crowded around me, staring into the crowd. All but one person; Liam. He was the only one who hadn’t known that I was coming out to sing tonight. He just stood off to the side, staring at me.

I ignored him and started strumming the guitar. I began the song

[Ashlee]

I'm broken. Do you hear me?

I'm blinded cause you are everything I see

I'm dancing, alone

I'm praying that your heart will just turn around

And as I walk up to your door

My eyes turn to face the floor

Cause I can't look you in the eyes and say

[Harry & Ashlee]

When she opens her arms and holds you close tonight

It just won't feel right cause I can love you more than this, yeah

When she lays you down, I might just die inside

It just don't feel right cause I can love you more than this

Can love you more than this

[Niall & Ashlee]

If I'm louder would you see me?