Chapter Three

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Peyton’s POV*

I trembled as the limo pulled up to the tour bus. I felt someone lay their hand on mine and I looked over to see Carlos smiling at me.

“It’s going to be alright Peyt,” he said. “James will be thrilled to see you.”

“I hope,” I said.

The limo door opened and all of us stepped out. I heard a door open and then there were sounds of footsteps running on pavement. All of the guys came running around the bus. They were wearing smiles on their faces, but they quickly disappeared when they saw us.

“What’re they doing here?” Logan asked nastily. I saw Vicky cringe.

“We brought them along. Is that a problem?” Danielle questioned, having that same amount of attitude.

“Actually, it kind of is,” he replied.

“Well that sucks because they’re staying the entire time.”

I tried to hold back my giggle. Danielle had definitely won that fight.

I turned my head to see James smiling at me. I blushed and looked down at the ground. He had no idea what effect he still had on me.

“Can we all just calm the fuck down?” Melinda asked everyone. “Jesus Christ, it’s not a big deal. You were all together and happy just a week ago, so it’s not like you hate one another! Grow the fuck up!”

We went silent. Wow, Mel, way to go!

“Anyways…” Harry trailed off, kissing her on the cheek. “What do you say we go into the bus?”

“Whatever,” I sighed.

We followed everyone inside and sat in the small living room.

“Hey, where’s Liam?” Dani asked.

“He’s, uh, inside the venue talking to someone,” Niall answered sheepishly.

“Really? Can we go see him?” Jenna wondered.

“Uh, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Zayn replied, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

“Why? We wanna see LiLi!” Angel giggled.

“Alright, I guess we could,” Harry sighed. “Everyone follow me.”

“I think we’ll stay here,” James spoke for the eight of us.

My heart tingled. It would be just like old times with the BTR guys and girls hanging out.

*Ashlee’s POV*

Why did the girls have to do this to me? I wasn’t quite ready to see him. But apparently they were eager to.

So here I was, nervous as hell, walking into the venue’s back door. Harry led us down a hallway backstage and someone we ended up on the stage. Tears came to my eyes when I looked out into the rows of seats. There was Liam with a girl I didn’t know. They were kissing slowly and sweetly, just like the two of us used to. And how I wish that was me.

Everybody was looking at me with wide eyes as if expecting me to break down. Niall stood next to me, rubbing my back.

“You okay, babes?” Louis asked from beside me.

I nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine. Why don’t you guys just say hi and talk for a little while? I’ll head back to the bus and hang out with the BTR crew,” I said.

With that, I went to the bus, passing everyone as if they didn’t exist. I sat down in an empty room, staring at the wall. But then something gleamed in the light; Niall’s guitar. I picked it up and put in on my lap, starting to strum. Then the words came right out of my mouth, expressing exactly how I felt at this moment.