Chapter Thirteen

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Liam’s POV*

I walked down the hallway until I found her room. I walked in and there she was. She was wearing a hospital gown and there was an IV in her arm. Her head was laid back on the inclined bed, her eyes closed.

I moved to sit down in the chair beside her bed and watched her while she slept. I started quietly singing “What Makes You Beautiful” to her. Her eyes fluttered open and I smiled at her.

“Ash, you’re awake!” I exclaimed, taking her hand.

“Hey,” she weakly smiled.

“Are you well enough to answer a question?” I wondered.

She nodded. “I’m fine. What is it?”

“Tell me, why didn’t you eat?”

She looked away, not answering me.

“Come on Ash, tell me what’s going on.”

“I…I wanted to be like Rachel…”

“What do you mean?”

“Rachel’s a smaller girl while I’ve got hips and a huge ass. I’m bigger than he. I figured that’s why you didn’t want me, because I was bigger. So I wanted to lose weight, hoping that maybe you’d want me,” she told me.

My jaw dropped. She starved herself because of me. I had done this to her.

“Ash, you’re perfect. I love your curves. They make you sexy,” I told her. “Starving yourself isn’t healthy.”

“I know.”

“I have your meal,” a nurse walked in with a tray in her hands.

She laid it down on the bedside table and left. I got up and brought the table over to my side of the bed. I opened up the food plate and looked down at it.

“What is it?” she asked.

“It looks like roast beef with gravy and some potatoes and veggies. There’s Jell-O, ginger ale and apple juice also,” I responded, picking up the knife and cutting the meat.

I picked up the fork and stabbed a piece of meat, holding it up to her mouth. She looked shocked.

“Li, I can feed myself!” she protested.

“Nonsense. I’ll feed you,” I told her. “Now open up.”

After a bit more arguing, she finally let me feed her. She finished her entire plate and drank all of the ginger ale. Her skin was already going back to its normal color.

“Thank you,” she murmured. “Can I see the others?”

“Sure, who do you want to see?”

“Whoever brought me here.”

“That was Melinda and Harry. I’ll go get them and they’ll be down. If you need me, I’ll be in the waiting room.”

Right as I got up to leave, she grabbed my arm.

“Can you come back with them? I want you to stay here with me,” she said.

“Rachel’s out there. I have to stay with her. She’s already angry that I didn’t bring her in here with me,” I replied.

“Oh…” she trailed off, dropping her hand from my arm and looking at the ground. “Liam, I want you to know something. I love you.”

“I know,” I told her. Because I love you too, I added mentally.

Why can’t I just tell her? Am I really in love with her any longer?

“I’m sorry. I should’ve just moved on, not done this. I’ll just leave you to Rachel. She’s a nice girl,” she smiled. “Can you send Dani in before Harry and Melinda?”

“Absolutely.”

With that being said, I went back to the waiting room.

*Dani’s POV*

Liam came back and sat down next to Rachel, pulling her into his body. He told me that Ashlee wanted to see me. I got up and went to her room, cautiously walking in.

“Ash, you want to see me?” I wondered.

“Yeah, I did. Come here,” she ushered me to the side of the bed.

I walked closer and she smiled at me.

“Dani, I know you still love Zayn,” she said. “Let me give you some advice. Let him know how you feel before he moves on. Nathan is just a rebound. Zayn is the real one for you. Please don’t be like me and wait until it’s too late. He even told you he would love you forever so why aren’t you running after him? I know he made a mistake, but promise me you’ll tell him how you really feel.”

Tears prickled in the corners of my eyes.

“I promise,” I whispered, leaning down to hug her.

“Good,” she grinned. “Save Nath the heartbreak now because we all know you’re still in love with Zayn.”

I nodded.

“Go get him girl,” she laughed. “And while you’re at it, send Mel and Haz in here.”

“Thank you Ashlee.”

“That’s what I’m here for!”

“No, you’re here because you were stupid.”

She rolled her eyes. “I know, I know. Don’t go all soccer mom on me.”

I laughed and hugged her once more before heading outside. I picked up my cell and dialed Nathan’s number.

Here goes nothing…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam is too sweet to Ashlee. Even if they are exes, he treats her so well.

Ashlee has decided to move on seeing as Liam is with Rachel. What do you think?

How is Nathan going to react?

Are Zayn and Dani going to get back together?

There are two more chapters left!

Hate? Like? Love?

All music belongs to Big Time Rush and all photos belong to their rightful owners. No copyright intended!

~COPYRIGHT 2012~