Shipwrecked Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Forgivness

Hiya guys. This chapter is for VampireWriter, because believe it or not, I don't want to die. Enjoy!

***************************************************

I slowly trudged onto the beach. Yawning loudly, I walked over to my makeshift shelter to retrieve my stick. Hearing a noise behind me, I turned around. Dan was standing there with his head lowered, but his dark eyes were on me. 'Caroline, I'm so-'

'Don't you dare say sorry!' I cut him off rudely. 'What made you think that you could just . . . . Just . . . . Ugh! I'm re-drawing the line,' My voice was angry, but my face was wet with tears. Dan could tell. I could see pity in his eyes. Grabbing the stick, I redrew the long line and sat down on the dry, warm sand. After a while, I risked a glance at Dan. He was looking at me with the saddest eyes I have ever seen, and at that moment, I caved. 'Fine,' I muttered, getting up and sweeping the line away with my foot. His face brightened and he came and sat next to where I had just got up, patting the space next to him. I sat down where he was patting, and he silently put his arm around me. 'Thank you for coming to your senses,' he said quietly into my ear. That made me look up at him. I studied his features really hard, and something suddenly came over me. I guess that in some ways you could call it regret for what I did to him, but in other ways, it was something else. Something that I couldn't explain. He lifted his hand and slowly placed it underneath my chin. Lifting my face up to his, he looked at me for reassurance that I wasn't going to hit him. I nodded silently, and he carefully pressed his lips to mine. At first, I hardly felt anything. Just happiness. But as he deepened the kiss, it came to me. The overpowering joy that you thought was only possible in movies. His tongue licked my lower lip, and I gracefully opened my mouth for him. Our tongues swirled together, and I suddenly realised that this was my first kiss. Wow, I never thought that it would be on a deserted island with a boy who I thought I hated. He, however, was obviously experienced, as he cupped my face and placed my arms around his neck. Carefully, he pushed me down onto the sand. Then it was a bit too much. I pulled away from his lips slowly, and sat up.

'What's wrong?' He asked, his voice heavy with concern.

'Nothing,' I answered.

'Okay, so how was that?' He had an expression on his face of utter joy, just like me. I had one word to answer his question.

'Wow,' I breathed. He kissed me again on the lips, and then walked over to his shelter.

'Goodnight Caroline,' He said. I had just noticed that it was dark. I sat and thought for a while, and then, a little late, I replied.

'Goodnight Dan,' I muttered softly. He must have heard me, because I heard a low chuckle come from his shelter. I made it back to my place of rest, and was asleep in exactly 5 seconds.

The next morning I woke up happy and fresh. I crawled out of my shelter, and washed in the sea, as I always did. I figured that Dan wasn't up yet, and I didn't want to wake him. Walking into the forest, last night hit me. I sighed. After having a drink, I went to wake Dan up. It was quite late in the morning, and it was about time he got up.

Approaching his shelter, I softly repeated his name several times, before going in there to see what the matter was. I stopped dead, however, as I saw something that will haunt me until the day I die. There he was, Dan, looking very normal as if he was sleeping, but he had a gash across his stomach the size of the stick I had used the night before. It was covered in dry blood, and there was blood everywhere. 'Is he dead?' I thought.