Shipwrecked Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Meeting Lucy

To your right is a picture of new girl Lucy, please take a look and give me feedback =)

Walking into the forest the next day, I heard an amazing noise. It was someone calling out, someone shouting... at me. I was overcome with joy.

'Hello,' I heard the muffled voice speak loudly. 'Is anyone there?'

'Yes!' I shouted back. 'Yes, over here!'

I couldn't see the person yet, but they couldn't be that far away, could they? No, no they couldn't. I heard footsteps coming towards me, and then I saw the most amazing sight I had seen in a while.

Running hastily towards me was a girl around my age. Blond curls protected her heart shaped face, which had a huge smile plastered onto it.

'Thank goodness I found someone,' she panted. 'I've been on this island for a really long time, coming to this stream for water and eating the native fruit. I thought I was going to die. Really I - Oh. Sorry. I'm babbling. I'm Lucy.'

She held out a dirty hand for me to shake. I shook it.

'And I'm, um, Caroline. I've been doing exactly the same thing as you...' A thought suddenly occurred to me. 'Were you on The Green Lady?' I asked, hoping that she was on the same boat as me and Dan.

'Yes! How come I haven't seen you before? Oh well, are there other people?' Lucy asked, looking over my shoulder.

'Yeah, but only one,' I replied. 'Dan. He's my, um, boyfriend.'

The word felt strange on my lips. But good strange. I looked up at Lucy, only to find that she was gone. I spluttered, and jumped when I heard her voice coming from behind me.

'C'mon, I wanna meet this guy!' She said. She was surprisingly cheery to say that she had been stuck on a deserted island with only a passion fruit to keep her company. Nut job, I said in my head, but I followed her anyway.

* * *

'Dan, we have company!' I shouted into his shelter. He was awake, just propped up on his shoulders.

'Really?' He asked. 'You're not messing with me?'

'Nope, I-' I didn't have chance to finish, as Lucy had caught me up and was now shouting straight at me and Dan. I covered my ears and gave him a knowing look.

'Hi, you must be Dan. I'm Lucy.' She made Dan shake her hand, and then she saw his wound.

'Ouch, what did that? That must have hurt.'

I was going to reply, but Dan beat me to it.

'It does. Hurts like hell. And we don't know, do we Carrie?' He said, referring to me.

'No we don't, Dan was out cold before he could see, but we reckon it was some sort of wild animal.'

'Ouch,' Whispered Lucy. 'Well, I'm going to make a shelter here, if you don't mind. I cant believe I found you. We all might survive after all. We might not all be eaten by wild savage dogs!'

And with that she hurried off.

Way to keep our negative side at bay, Luce. Good job.

**********************************************************

Sorry about the wait, but there it is, the brand new chapter. Enjoy and hopefully another chapter will be up soon.

Comment and vote!

<3 Drama xx