one: secret

CHAPTER ONE:

| lynette’s pov |

I could remember faintly from where I’d seen him, but I wasn’t sure. All I could picture was a dimly lit alley and the adrenaline running through my veins. 

Where was that? I’ve never been to a place like that before.

I’ve just always been in my apartment and in the convenience store, where I worked. I never partied, that I was sure of.

But these past few months have been a blur. I don’t know what I was doing anymore.

All I knew was that I wake up, go to work, sleep. The process would repeat over and over again. I never once swayed from that usual routine.

It wasn’t something that happened to me every day, but it was something that was so distinct that I felt clueless. I can’t remember why.

He flashed me a close-mouthed smile, the side of his eyes crinkling. 

I found it cute, but at the same time, it was a hesitant kind of smile. The reason why it was, I didn’t know. I probably wouldn’t know, either.

Handing me the bottle of pills I’ve been taking for the past years, I thanked him for it. He was always the one who gave it to me. I might have had a crush on him, that’s why I felt this sudden rush inside me.

I looked at the side of his shirt, trying to find the name tag these pharmacists had. But no, there was none.

There has never been a name tag on him, Lyn,” my mind told me. 

“Is there anything else I can help you with?” He asked, his head tilting a bit to the side. 

I shook my head, feeling stupid for staring at him for too long. It wasn’t something I’ve done before. “Nothing. You just look familiar,” I mumbled, the volume of my voice decreasing by the second.

He laughed, his shoulders raising as he did. “Of course you have. You’ve been going to this hospital every two weeks. I give it to you all the time, right?”

I nodded. He was right; there was nothing more to it. It was just my brain playing with me. I couldn’t have seen him outside before. Our relationship was only until here– the hospital.

“I never caught your name,” I said, hoping he’d take the hint.

He puts a finger to his lips. “Oh, you have, Lynette. But right now, it’s a secret.”