three: nameless

CHAPTER THREE:

| lynette’s pov |

I toss and turn in my bed, the words of the pharmacist ringing in my head. I don’t know if I should call him “The Pharmacist” or just “The Guy I Have a Crush On”. Either way, he was nameless.

I had no clue who he was.

But I could feel it– I know him from somewhere. Maybe I found myself somewhere I shouldn’t be before, and that’s where I met him.

I could have had a one night stand with him, and he left in the morning before I woke up. He didn’t leave a letter, so I don’t know what happened to him anymore.

Even after all these scenarios– the question remains. 

“Who is he?” I murmured, gripping the sheets beneath me. 

Why didn’t I know who he was? 

Why did he know me? 

Why can’t I remember anything?

The want to know more is gnawing at my chest, and I really do want to know. 

But I don’t know how to.

It frustrates me that I don’t know what to do. I always know what to do. 

The more I try to figure it out and put the scenes in my head together, the less I’m convinced that it’s true. 

I can’t rely on my own memory anymore. They were all broken pieces of something whole. What the whole was– I didn’t know either.

So I think and think. 

I find a solution.

I sit up.

I take a pill from the bottle on my nightstand. 

I take the glass of water next to it. 

I drink.

I feel better.