four: game

CHAPTER FOUR:

| calum’s pov |

“I’m Lynette,” she introduced, a shy smile playing on her lips. 

That was what drew me to her– that display of bashfulness. I’ve had a few drinks, but hell, I knew I was sober enough to know I wanted her then and there.

Well, needed her then and there.

And so I did get her.

I didn’t know how fucked up that decision was. 

I knew I should have left that morning, I knew I shouldn’t have waited for her to wake up, I knew I shouldn’t have stayed and fell in love.

Things started out pretty well if you ask me. She was everything I needed in my life, and I thought I was hers, too.

But I found out I wasn’t.

Though she didn’t tell it to me straight, those questions were just a cover up to what she really wanted to tell me.

She wanted me to change. 

She needed me to change.

Even I wanted to change because of her. But I didn’t, and I’m glad I didn’t. Who knows what I’d be when I changed? 

I’d probably just be her little boy toy, being manipulated because she knew I loved her that much. She loved me back, but it wasn’t enough anymore.

So I fell out.

I fell out of love.

I fell out of love with her.

But she wasn’t the same. She was still in love with me, doing her best to take me back, making up promises that I couldn’t refuse.

So I fell in.

I fell in love.

I fell in love with her.

I fell in love with her again.

History repeated itself. Not just once, but enough times that I seek revenge. Enough times that I became who I was now. 

She broke me, and I think it’s just fair that I break her.

If I’d have to do it more than once, then that’s fine.

I have nothing to lose.

It was just a game.

With feelings involved.