twenty-six: think

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:

| calum's pov |

I waited by the door as I heard the falling of objects from inside her house.

It was a surprise visit, like I said, and I really should be worried about all that noise, but I've already done this before.

It was exactly the same reaction; she ended up getting a few scratches here and there from falling and getting hit, which I insisted that I'll treat. 

She told me it was fine, but I knew she just didn't want to bother me any further.

There's that soft part of me talking again. I'm beginning to feel as if all of this isn't worth it. I feel pity, remorse, and upcoming regret. 

I'm conflicted on what I should really do with her. It's not that easy to forget what she's done, it's not that easy to start all over again. But it's not that hard to fall in love with her the second time when she's like this, it's not that hard to love her when she's not the person I've come to loathe.

"Sorry, I just didn't expect us to meet again today," she explained, coming out of her front door. She locked it and smiled brightly at me, and I returned that smile, despite my confusion.

"Again?" I asked myself; did I come here earlier? Oh wait, maybe she meant when she was buying from the pharmacy earlier. Of course it's that.

She smoothed out her shirt, trying to get rid of the folds, but it doesn't work well for her, so she groaned. Lynette noticed me staring at her with an amused grin, so she stood up straight, acting as if nothing happened. "Where are we going?"

This reminded me of the time we watched Dora the Explorer.

I cringed recalling that memorable moment. It was the first time I've seen something like that, being the boy that I am, I was much more interested in some action cartoons. But regardless, she looked really happy that time.

And I guess I was happy, too.

"To a restaurant. I reserved a table for the two of us," I informed, holding her hand and starting to walk. 

It wasn't far from here, and we actually planned on going there before she... changed.

I took this as a chance for me to move on with my plan, but the fact that she's so clueless about everything is causing me to change my mind. 

Half of my mind's convincing me she's innocent, but the other half's pressing the blame on her. I don't know which side to take; I'm indecisive as fuck.

I've made up my mind on this before, but that part of me that's still hopelessly in love with her is winning the battle of my thoughts. It sucks, really, because now, I'm not entirely sure on what I should do.

"Thank you, Calum," she told me, the sincerity of her words painfully evident. 

Please, stop that. It's getting harder and harder for me to think.

Author's Note: okay the plot twist is v noticeable now