six: over

CHAPTER SIX:

| calum’s pov |

Her cheeks were noticeably red, the obvious reason being me. Even if she forgot all about me, it seems like she still has feelings for me.

I couldn’t say the same for myself, though. I was done with her.

“Well?” I followed up as she bagged the things I bought, which I didn’t need. It was the only thing I could do to get me as close to her as this.

“I don’t... I don’t think I should,” she mumbled, giving me the paper bag. If I wasn’t used to her speaking like this in the past, I would’ve asked her to repeat it again and again until her voice gets louder.

I laughed for a short while; what she said reminded me of what she told me the first time we met.

That little harmless façade of hers fooled me. But not this time.

“I’m telling you– you should. I’ll meet you here at around 7 pm, okay?” With that, I took off, with all this food and with the joy of actually making her fall into my trap– though it was by force.

But it was really funny that she didn’t even put it out there that she didn’t want to go on the date. She wants to, I know she does. I could just feel it. 

The way she acts like she does. That, itself, was enough evidence to know that she liked me. Even the shortest of stares, the smallest of smiles, the utmost attempt to hide all that, I’d be able to point out that she was interested in me.

I still remember her before. I still remember what she screamed.

When I broke up with her for the final time, she didn’t take things as light as I thought she would. To say at the least, we didn’t end on a nice note. Rather, it was the most horrible thing ever. 

What she said could be true at one point, but the rest? I don’t think so.

It was lie after lie after lie.

“I love you, Calum!”

“I’ll do anything, just don’t leave me.”

“It’s not over.”

Once I break her into a million pieces, she would have wished that she never met me.

It was my turn this time, and I’d take as much time as I want to.

Because it’s over.

She’s over.