seven: right

CHAPTER SEVEN: 

| lynette’s pov |

Getting out of that horrid uniform was a relief; I’ve never hated a job so much. But what else could I do? I didn’t finish high school.

Apparently, convenience store workers don’t need that much of an educational standing, as belittling as it sounded.

However, thanks to this job, I’ll probably get my life in order– which includes going on a date with a guy I don’t know the name of.

It was stupid, and most likely the stupidest thing I’ll ever do, but I had a good feeling about this, about him.

He seemed so genuine and kind; I don’t think I can turn down the offer of going out with him. Nothing bad would happen; he was so sweet. I bet he couldn’t even hurt a fly.

The blood rushed to my cheeks as I recalled what he said. 

“I like you, Lynette. I like you a lot.”

He likes me, he actually likes me.

This might not be so one-sided, after all.

“Hey, Lynette!” 

Speaking of him, here he was, rid of his whole pharmacist attire. He looked so casual that I felt my mouth agape.

“Are you okay?” He laughed, amused that I was surprised enough to not be able to say a word to him.

I blushed, clearing my throat. “Yeah, I am.”

“That’s good.” He scratched the back of his neck, looking at the sky then looking at me again. “So, want to get going?

I didn’t answer his question, deciding I should, at least, know something about him. “Name,” I stated, both my eyebrows raising, expecting to get just what I wanted.

“What?” He asked, confused.

“May I have your name? Please?”

He realized what I meant, nodding his head. “Right, right! Calum. I’m Calum.”

Author's Note: This is not meant to look down on anyone; I believe everyone's equal. :)