The Duet

Ink's POV:

"Umbrella at your side. It's raining, but you close it tight." Y/N sang the first verse.

"And how are you, purred a cat, just passing through." I sang in a slightly different tempo.

"Those heels that you like, are soaking, but is that alright?" Y/N then did a little dance. "Let out a sigh for another day the same as the last, come on let's try, dye it blue, and change it up from the past," Y/N held out her hand to act out the lyrics. I still find her cute with her antics. "Reflecting up, from a puddle, but then gone in a flash. Is that the most that you can dream or wanted to see?" Y/N did a little twirl in her kimono. "But look around!"

"Dance up and down!" I then spun slightly, and jumped a little.

"The world is now," Y/N pointed her hand to me.

"Still going 'round!" I moved my finger in a circular shape.

"Just feel it pound!" Y/N set her hand on her chest.

"We're skyward bound!" I then had an idea. I quickly drew some wings, and set it on Y/N and myself.

"Move at the-"

"Top," We started to sing in unison.

"Speed," We raised our wings.

"Of," We then looked at each other.

"Sound!" I touched her hand and we teleported, only for us to fly out into the empty canvas, doing summersaults and dives. I heard Y/N sing at the top of her lungs.

"Flying into another day, I wana break away and take the leap!" I noticed she changed the lyrics slightly, but I didn't mind. "As you're stuck on yesterday, no sun to rise would be okay with me."

She takes a little pause, and then continues.

"Every day, every day is okay." She soared, and flapped right next to me. "Taking it step by step," We land and set our feet on the ground, walking as we sang. "We'll always move ahead," She turned her head towards me. "Our love is growing red, need me more, need you more. I'll fall down seven more times, you'll be there, seven eight, nine. As we keep trying we'll find-" We then sing in unison.

"We're always singing the same tune!"

Y/N's POV:

Ink now sings the next verse. For the next section, he will be singing alot. you're glad, because then you can make the hilarious noises that actually come with the song, that you knew Ink would not like to do.

"Now falling to her side, the drops of rain that mix with light," Ink sings, and gestures his bony hands in a way to fit in with the lyrics.

"Stealing a glance, hid a cat, who'd turns his back." You look at Ink, who, looked away from your face.

"Their head's starting to sink, this boredom is just too hard to fight." Ink sinks his head to match his singing. "Just spinning lies with the only thread of kindness we saved, or if we're blind and the truth is just a painting in gray. Drowning us out, all the noisy drops that fall in the rain," Ink looks back at you. "But fingertips trace every line and opened my eyes," Ink placed his hands over his eyes, only for them to be taken off a second later. "are painted blue," Ink pointed to his blue eye.

"I'll play a tune," You sing.

"I'm wishing too,"

"For something new,"

"It will come true,"

"With me and you,"

"And then we'll-"

finally, break through!"

At the last verse we sing in harmony.

"Swimming through the milky way, I wana break away and take the leap," Ink takes a small break, and sets his wing on my shoulder. "Since were falling anyway, no moon to rise would be okay with me," You start to feel your face heat up at the contact. "Every night," You could see slight hearts in Ink's eyes. "Every night is alright."

Ink then walks with you forward, and sings the next verse.

"Taking it step by step, we'll always move ahead," Ink sang with passion.

"Our love is growing red, need me more, need you more," You felt my heart flutter for some reason. How come you have never felt this way before?!

"Cry to me, know that I care, lean on me and I'll be there," The lyrics seem to fit perfectly in our lives right now.

"As we keep trying we'll find," We then sang in harmony at the next verse.

"You're always gonna be there too!~"

"Shinning down on me you're my, blue moon!" You see Ink staring at you, with love and care written all over his gaze.

"Dreaming forever to find now, I'm awake!" You see Ink's grin get even bigger, if that's possible.

"I need to find tomorrow, can you take me away, and go the," Ink readies to teleport us.

"Top speed of sound!!" I see a white light for a moment, but it ended, and we were back in the living room.

"Running to another day, I wana break away and take the leap!" We sing together, our wings still intersecting. "DYNEHNEHEH! DUNUNAHNAHNUNUNAHNAHNAH!" You almost lose it because of us singing in harmony. Ink almost does too. "As you're stuck on yesterday, no sun to rise would be okay with me! DUNUNYEHEHEH! Every day, every day is okay!" We stare into each other's eyes as we sing the next verse. "Taking it step by step, we'll always move ahead," You and Ink step towards the stairs, hands interlocked.

"Our love is growing red, need me more," The tempo slows down suddenly, and Ink is now singing a solo. "need you more." You see Ink's eyes develop into pure hearts, one that's purple, the other, pink. "As you fall down seven more times," Ink dips you, and you blush at the move. "I'll be there seven, eight, nine," He pulls you up at nine, standing you upright. "As I keep trying I'll find," You see the gap between you and Ink close. "You'll always be there too.~" Ink whispers into your ear, making it tickle. "Were always singing the same tune," Ink still sings. "Every day from now on.~" Ink then turns his head, so you can properly see his purple and pink hearts. You see the light dusting of a rainbow on his cheeks, a blush, meanwhile you are a cherry. Ink then closes his eyes, and just inches towards your mouth, and you close your eyes too, and crash your lips onto his teeth.