Chapter Seven

As we go through the warehouse, knocking guards out along the way, I feel bad for hassling Devon. Now I know what he was thinking. I believe he knew why I did. It doesn't make me feel better, though.

We finally find the guy we're looking for. I go up to him, gun in my hand. I won't kill him, but that doesn't mean I won't shoot him.

"Tell me, where is my sister? I know you know who's holding her."

The man begins to panic. "Ok! Ok! I'll tell you! Just please don't kill me!"

"I'm listening," is all I say.

"His name is Jay Montgomery! He's the..."

"Chancellor," I interrupt.

Dylan glances at me. "You know him?"

"He's the one that had my memories locked away."

He continues to study me. "Will you be ok with this?"

I smirk humorlessly. "Oh, yeah. We have a lot to catch up on."

"Jaxon, please don't do anything stupid."

"No. I was stupid last time. I won't make that mistake again." I abruptly turn away from the man. "Let's go!" I hear shuffling behind me. I whip around, twist the knife from his grasp, and sink it into his stomach.

"I hate cowards. I may not be a murderer, but I'm no saint either. Rest in peace, bastard." I yank my knife out, flick the blood off it, and stalk away.

"Where are we going, Cap'n?" Dylan wonders. I decide to ignore the title.

"We're going to find the chancellor."

"You know where he is?"

"Of course." I smirk. "He was supposed to be my uncle."

Dylan cocks his head. "It's genius. Keeps you close to him, but unsuspecting."

"Maybe. He'll regret his intelligence."

He places a hand on my shoulder. "Jaxon, don't go in there hot-blooded. You'll get yourself killed."

I stare at him, eyes empty. "Trust me, Dylan. My blood has long cooled."

He studies me a moment longer before releasing my shoulder. "All right." We get in the car. "Where to?"

"The Sky Capitol."

He chokes. "And how do you expect we get through there?"

"Don't worry. I have a plan."

He looks skeptical. "Why do I have a bad feeling about this?"

I grin evilly. "You're not going to like it."

~*~

"Are you serious?!" he yells.

"Unfortunately."

"Are you crazy?!"

"Possibly."

"Are you suicidal?!"

"No."

"This plan is crazy!"

"Yes. And that's why it'll work."

He turns wide green eyes to me. "You're fucking stupid."

"That's where you're wrong." I say calmly. "I'm a crazy genius."