Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while, my cookies! It's been hectic recently and I've had an absolutely horrid week :( . I'll try to update more often. So sorry!

I wake up snuggled in Devon's arms. I stretch and yawn, but stay where I am. I close my eyes and snuggle closer to him. I listen to the quiet beating of his heart.

I don't know how long I sit there before Devon stirs. He stretches his amazing body. Then he yawns.

He glances at me and smiles. "How long have you been awake?"

"I don't know. You looked so comfortable and you needed your sleep after last night."

He sits up. "I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be back." He pecks me on the lips and pads into the adjacent bathroom.

When he come out, he winces as he sits on the bed. "My hips hurt."

I smirk. "I know."

"Did this happen to you every time?" he asks.

I nod. "Pretty much. That's what you get for being a bottom." I beam.

He brushes his fingers over my lips. "Your smile is beautiful."

I blush. "T-thanks." He grabs my chin and brushes his lips over mine. The kiss, for once, isn't heated and we don't lose control. It's sweet and full of love.

He pulls back. "I meant what I said before. The past doesn't matter to me. I trust you now more than ever."

My lips curve upward. "I may not remember much about who I was, but I'm glad for who I am. Dylan said one time that being taken was a good thing for me. He was right." I stare into Devon's almost-black eyes with my own chestnut ones. "I became a better person. For you. For my sister. I know it was horrible, losing me, but..."

Devon places an index finger to my lips. "It was painful, but I got you back. That's all that matters. I loved you then and I love you now. The intensity doesn't matter. You will always be mine and I will always be yours."

I glance at him skeptically. "Are you proposing to me, Dev?"

He grins. "If you want me to."

I blink in shock. "You're serious?"

"As a heart attack. What do you say?"

A huge smile breaks over my face. "Well, I couldn't say no to that."

Devon groans and bumps my shoulder. "Come on, Jax."

I kiss his cheek. "Of course I'll marry you."

He beams. "Great! I'll get started on everything."

"I'm NOT wearing a dress," I say as he walks to the door. He chuckles and leaves. "I mean it!" I sigh.

After I get out of the shower, Lis walks in. "Hey," she greets.

I rub the towel through my hair. "Hey. How are you?"

She smiles. "Happy to be here. So what's this I heard about a wedding?"

My hand freezes in the middle of drying my hair. "He told you? That dick," I huff and sit on the bed. "He doesn't even have a ring for me yet."

Lis laughs. "You sound like a girl."

I point an index finger at her. "Watch it, little sis."

She giggles. "Sorry. Couldn't help myself."

I lay back on the bed. "I wish mom and dad were here. I wish I could've got to know them."

She lays next to me. "Me, too." I study her. She looks more like our parents than I do. She has mom's hair, eyes, nose, heart-shaped face, and slim body. She has dad's sharp cheekbones and full lips. I, however, have brown hair and eyes, round face, flat cheekbones, and thin lips. Where dad was tall and buff, I'm short and lanky.

She catches me staring. "What?"

"You look so much like them. I'm jealous."

She looks away. "I don't really remember them." So I describe them, in as much detail as possible, to her. Then, we sit in silence.

"So. About the wedding." I glance at her. "Who's planning it?"

I shrug. "I've got no clue. Devon hinted about spending the rest of our lives together. Then, in a roundabout way, he got me to say yes. After that, he left. That's all I know."

"Then I will plan it." She jumps up.

"Nothing too feminine."

"Promise. So, who's the bride?"

I glare at her. "Neither. You are aware we're both guys, right?"

She huffs. "Yes. But there has to be a bride and a groom. One HAS to walk the isle."

I continue to glare. " I'm telling you what I told him: I'm not wearing a dress."

She smirks. "So you're the bride? Good." She rolls over my feeble protest. "I've never planned a gay wedding. This should be interesting."

I groan. "Remind me again why I saved you."

"Oh, hush. You love me and you'll love your wedding." She kisses my cheek. "I promise to make it memorable." She leaves.

"Oh. That's comforting."