Chapter 6

*Damon's pov*

The car ride to the office was very silent. I stole a few glances at my beautiful princess. Yes,I just called her my beautiful princess! No big deal,ok? It's really very unusual for me to do something like that and possibly impossible as per anyone who's known me. But yeah it just happened to feel very normal when it's with her!

I just met her yesterday and inspite of the fact I can't really help but to feel some kind of unfamiliar pull towards her. She's really beautiful. Simple,flawless yet so mysterious,adorable,everything about her seems to fascinate me. Wow,Damon! You really sound like a creep! Congratulations on that achievement!

She's sitting beside me,her hair open,staring out of the window as we go. She looks so perfect,so innocent. I just can't help but to want to run my fingers through her hair,holding her hand, keeping her close to me. I look straight again but then again steal a glance at her. Suddenly I notice that she is cold,she has her arms wrapped around herself to produce some warmth. Hasn't she brought a coat or something?

"Are you cold?" I asked to her. She looked at me and just shook her head a little.

"I'm really fine Mr Williams."

I felt  kind of disappointed about the fact that my princess is cold here and I didn't even noticed for once. I'm such a dumb person. And she didn't even say that she was feeling cold or something. Is she scared of me? What if she is? But why would she be scared of me? Maybe the little scene you created in the morning you moron! I quickly turned the heat on in the car to raise the temperature a bit. She visibly relaxed. I sighed in relief. She leant her head against the seat and closed her eyes. I looked in the front and continued driving.

"How far is the place? I mean the office?"she asked out of nowhere.

"It would take about fifteen minutes more to reach."

"Oh,okay."she replied. She produced her phone and her headphones from her purse and started listening to songs. After about five minutes she started singing in a low voice almost murmuring the words.

I was a liar,I gave in to the fire
I know I should've fought it,at least I'm being honest.
Feel like a failure,cause I know that I failed ya'
I should've done you better,cause you don't wanna liar.

Wanna know,wanna know,wanna know
She gives you everything that boy I couldn't give it to you
Wanna know wanna know wanna know
That you got everything but i got nothing here without you.

So one last time I need to be the one who takes you home
One more time I promise after that I let you go
Baby I don't care if you got her in your heart
I really care as you wake up in my arms.
One last time I need to be the one who takes you home.

To say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. I was over the moon at that moment. My angel is not sparing any chance to amaze me. She is a fabulous singer. I've heard this song live. Not that I'm a big Ariana Grande fan or something but I really liked this song and I knew that this was one of the hardest songs that Ariana sang. Well,I kinda had a little conversation with her. She had come to one of our official functions. She herself said that the song was hard and here is my angel, my sweet little angel singing this song like professional singer. Her voice is just amazing. She suddenly catches me staring at her. She pulls out her headphones abruptly.

"I'm sorry for my actions Mr Williams. It was very foolish of me to sing like that and irritate you. I'm really really sorry. This won't happen again."She said all in one breath.

"You have a beautiful voice,angel. And why are you apologizing? It was rather very nice to hear you sing. Are you some sort of a singer or something?"I asked out of awe. She first stared at me as if not understanding what I just said. And when she did her beautiful brown eyes lit up with excitement.

"I used to sing when I was a kid. I still sing for myself kind of. Nobody actually knows about this hobby of mine except you now."She said to me.

"Why did you stop singing? I bet you could be very famous."I asked looking ahead waiting for an answer. But I didn't get any. So I looked at her and saw that her head was down and her hands knotted on her lap. Tears glistening at the corner of her eyes,threatening to fall. My heart broke at the sight. I stopped the car,took off the seatbelts and turned to her. I unbuckle her from the seatbelts and hugged her tightly holding her close to my chest. She stiffened a bit and tried to wiggle away. But I didn't let her go. After a minute or two she started hugging me back. She clutched the collar of my shirt tightly and sniffed.

"Flower,don't cry. What happened? Did I say anything bad? Did I hurt you,angel? Baby,don't cry,please. Tell me what happened,please."I tried to console her. She just shook her head in my chest and wrapped her arms around my torso. Even in this critical time I couldn't help but think how good it felt to have her in my arms like this.

"My father...he always supported me in everything. He was the one who thought that I can be a good singer. He always said that one day everything would be alright and I'll have a person who'd love me and my passion. But he died too soon. I couldn't do anything. Someone shot him and he never returned. You calling me angel  just made me miss my dad. He used to call me by these nicknames. Angel,princess,cupcake! I miss him!"she's said.

"Oh"was all I managed to say. We sat there like that for about ten minutes. She became normal again after sometime. She then let go of me and returned to her previous position where she was sitting. Her eyes were red and puffy,her nose was red due  to the sniffling. I started the ignition of  the car and headed to office. 

"Thank you."she said in a small  voice.

"For what?"

"For the consolation. I needed it I guess."

"Anytime,flower!"