Chapter 4: Goodbye and Hello!

A/n: The district I'll say is a made-up district just like the district in Detective Conan 'Beika District.'

Get stronger, Arima Kousei! It had already been a month after the attempted murder and his arm healed rapidly

Get stronger, Arima Kousei! It had already been a month after the attempted murder and his arm healed rapidly. He was already discharged from the hospital and he's already back home. He rested for a week and took his last days of school at home. He passed his assignments and he studied at home since his body won't handle the pressure of normal school life like Kaori who just got out of surgery. After that, they finally had their winter break. It was the time that his father waited for so long so they could leave for Tokyo already. 

School days were over and Kousei would spend the next school days in spring where Okutsu College of Music Affiliated High School is located. He felt bittersweet when they had the envelope that informed them that he's invited to enroll in Okutsu. He looked at his father who's busy organizing the back of the SUV where most of his things were already in it. They're pretty much ready to leave for Tokyo. His friends were all with him for the last time and of course, he felt happy that he'll leave them without loose ends. They were all crying and the atmosphere feels so dim and bittersweet.

"Kousei," Tsubaki couldn't stop crying. "Don't forget us, okay?"

"You told me that you'll be at the school next to mine, right?" he asked her. "You also told me that I won the last competition I'm in. You can visit me there."

Kaori stared at him. Her hands were on the back and she's holding a paper bag. She doesn't even know if she should give it to him or not until

"He'll remember you, soon," Watari Ryota assured her. "Don't worry about that."

Kaori fidgeted until she gave the brown paper bag to him. It contained some music sheets they played together. "Just like you, I'm leaving. My parents are taking me abroad. I had my surgery days ago but the doctors miraculously told me that I'm doing better. I might be in Juilliard School, High School Division. I'm about to leave to have my auditions there. I hope you remember me through the music sheets. I know I told you to forget the past but I know you would want to remember the memories you forgot about. This is the least I could do for you."

Kousei thanked her after he took the brown paper bag. "Thank you. This will help a lot. My doctors told me to keep up with my medicines after they allowed me to go."

He looked at his father who's waiting for him to get in the car and it looked like his father can't wait already. "I have to leave now."

Kousei stopped walking and looked back at them. Tears were all covering their eyes. His three friends hugged him tight before he mounted inside the car.

"I hope you get better, Kousei!" Tsubaki cried out.

Kousei smiled. "Goodbye."

...

Kousei sobbed so much inside the vehicle as he looks at his friends outside the car after he got on the passenger seat. His father closed the door for him and after that, his father sat at the driver's seat. He closed the door, put the keys on the engine and began driving. He waved goodbye to them as the SUV go farther away from them. After a few minutes, they began to fade on his sight.